Create a cohesive paint palette for your home that flows from one room to another. Get the best cream paint color names for every room and lighting situation.
Learn how to work with what you’ve got and create a whole-home paint palette that you’ll love for years to come.
When we purchased our home, we had planned to do one paint color for the main level and another for the upper level.
While I’m content with the upper level for now, the lower level needed a little variation to add interest and compensate for different lighting factors.
Whole Home Paint Palette
However, I am often asked for our paint color names for a particular room, so I’m breaking it down for you today!
Creating a cohesive paint palette is important so that it flows from one room to another. It’s okay to have various shades of paint colors or completely different paint colors as long as you ensure they transition easily.
You can do this in a number of ways. The simplest is to go lighter or darker on the paint color selection card. You can also put cards together to see how they play with one another.
What you’re looking for is the same undertone or one that compliments the lighting situation for that particular room. Painting samples on a wall is the best way to ensure you’re creating a cohesive paint palette.
When in our home, you may not realize that the mudroom and breakfast room are not the same color as the kitchen.
While all on the same north facing side of our home, the kitchen receives less light and therefore needed a slightly different paint color.
The color used in our breakfast room would have felt too yellow, however the two (though completely different) look almost identical.
Paint Color Names, By Room
- Garage – Farrow and Ball White Tie
- Mudroom – Benjamin Moore Navajo White
- Mudroom Powder Room – Benjamin Moore Navajo White
- Kitchen – Custom (see code)
- Breakfast Room – Benjamin Moore Navajo White
- Dining Room – Sherwin Williams Zurich White
- Family Room – Sherwin Williams Zurich White
- Office – Sherwin Williams Zurich White
- Foyer – Sherwin Williams Zurich White
- Bathroom off Entry – Benjamin Moore Soft Chamois
- Living Room – Sherwin Williams Zurich White
- Basement – Farrow and Ball Clunch
- Bedrooms – Benjamin Moore Soft Chamois
- Hall – Benjamin Moore Soft Chamois
- Lake Cottage – Farrow and Ball White Tie
- Bunk Bed Room – PPG Grandad’s Girl
- Exterior Paint – Sherwin Williams Everyday White
- Exterior Trim – Sherwin Williams Realist Beige
- Deck – Sherwin Williams Realist Beige
- Patio – Sherwin Williams Everyday White
- Furniture – Sherwin Williams Creamy