Come see what there is to love about Benjamin Moore Cloud White. Thanks to its creamy undertones, it is a warm and cozy white color with a classic feel.
Cloud White is a classic, timeless color that has been popular for many years. Read on to find out why with this photo tour of our new basement bathroom painted in Cloud White.
You’ll see the color in our home with lights on and off to show the nuances, along with images of other homes that feature this gorgeous color!
Everyone knows that I love soft, creamy whites. I think they’re the perfect neutral backdrop for creating warm and welcoming spaces in our home. In my opinion, the perfect creamy color is one that isn’t too stark or too yellow.
Benjamin Moore Cloud White is exactly that kind of color. It is a subtle off-white that gives any space just the softest glow. But be careful not to confuse it with BM White Cloud (2159-70), which is a different color with a very similar name.
I love my cream kitchen cabinets and matching beadboard backsplash. Now, to be fair, my cabinetry is a custom color. I had it mixed to go with the different whites in our breakfast nook and living room. But the idea is the same – a creamy off white was the perfect fit.
Don’t forget to keep track of your home’s colors on this printable Paint Color Chart for Your Home.
About Benjamin Moore Cloud White
- Subtle off-white
- Creamy undertones
- Gives off the softest glow
One of my longtime favorite interior designers, Marie Flanigan Interiors, has often used Cloud White in her work. That’s how I first discovered this gorgeous color, so I’m sharing a few of her incredible spaces here as well!
You’ll love the depth that Cloud White adds to your space. It will make your home feel warm and cozy and bright and airy – all at the same time. We just used this color on the walls of our new Basement Bathroom and we are in love with the subtle warmth!
Benjamin Moore Cloud White has an LRV (light reflectance value) of about 85. The LRV is the percentage of light that a color reflects. On a scale of 0-100, 0 is black and 100 is a true white. In other words, the higher the LRV, the brighter the color.
An LRV of 85 means that Cloud White is definitely a light and bright color. It will help bounce plenty of light around a room. Personally, I love to use colors in this LRV range, because they help to add light to a room and make a small room look bigger.
Cloud White Undertones
Cloud White is a warm white, meaning it has creamy undertones. Depending on your light, it can appear a bit more yellow at times.
For example, Cloud White will look warmer in rooms with south-facing natural light. On the other hand, in cooler north-facing light, the extra touch of warmth in Cloud White will keep the color from leaning too cool.
It all comes down to your preference – do you love a warm, creamy white? Or do you want one that is a bit more clean and crisp?
Trim Colors to Pair With Benjamin Moore Cloud White
There are a couple ways to approach trim paint with a creamy color like Cloud White. First, you can paint your trim a brighter white so that it stands out against the creamier walls.
For Cloud White, try a color like Sherwin Williams Everyday White or Benjamin Moore White Dove. They’re both warm whites but are a touch more crisp than Cloud White, so they’d provide a nice contrast.
You can also paint your trim Cloud White! Yes, painting walls and trim the same color is a big trend right now. I’ve done it, and I love how it really opens up a space and makes it feel more cohesive.
Colors to Pair With Cloud White
Benjamin Moore Cloud White is one of those versatile colors that looks great with almost anything. Since it is a warm neutral, it looks especially stunning up against other warm colors and earth tones.
Try it with colors like SW Accessible Beige, SW Agreeable Gray, Chantilly Lace and BM Revere Pewter. They’re all warm enough to pair well with a creamy white. Or if you want more color, look at some earthy greens or blues.
Benjamin Moore’s Cloud White OC-130 is also excellent with dark navy tones like Benjamin Moore Hale Navy.
Where to Use BM Cloud White
- Bedrooms – Perfect for making bedrooms feel light and airy, plus it’s a neutral backdrop for layering bedding, rugs, and artwork. Read about choosing the right white for bedrooms.
- Living areas – A warm and inviting neutral for layering textures, metals, and accent colors.
- Walls, trim, and ceilings – To make rooms feel larger and ceilings feel higher. Get my tips for choosing the best ceiling paint.
- With wood tones – Gorgeous up against wood tones such as wood floors and cabinetry. If you have oak cabinets, consider painting your walls Cloud White! Go here for more paint colors that go with oak cabinets.
- Exterior – A tried-and-true neutral for painting your whole house or just a small outdoor room.
- Furniture – To freshen any piece of furniture or cabinetry. Read about the best paint for furniture and how to paint without sanding!
Benjamin Moore Cloud White Tips
- Get Samples – Before you commit to a color, order samples of your favorites. Paint swatches on your walls or onto a board that you can move from room to room.
- Go to the Edges – If you’re painting a sample board, paint it all the way to its edges. Leaving a white border exposed will make the cream undertone in Cloud White look even more yellow than it really is.
- Lighting – Try your samples on different walls throughout the day. Pay attention to what the changes in lighting do to the color.
- Use Primer – Use a good stain-blocking primer like Kilz if you need the extra coverage. Definitely use a primer if you’re painting over a darker color. It will help coverage and adhesion.
- Two Coats – Even with a good quality paint, you’ll likely need a couple of coats of Cloud White to ensure that the previous color is all the way covered.
Frequently Asked Questions
Cloud White is a warm white, soft and subtle. It gives off just a touch of of glow, especially in warm south-facing light. Its warm undertones make it a cozy and inviting color.
Cloud White has a soft cream undertone. It isn’t stark like some whites and it isn’t too yellow like some creams. It falls somewhere in the middle, making it a perfect choice for so many spaces!
More Paint Colors You’ll Love
- Benjamin Moore Soft Chamois
- Benjamin Moore Swiss Coffee
- White Painted Cabinets
- Sherwin Williams Creamy
- Sherwin Williams Zurich White
- Benjamin Moore Navajo White