Find easy and incredibly delicious Thanksgiving appetizers for even the pickiest of guests on your invite list!
You’ll find something for everyone in this round up, including the very BEST make ahead Thanksgiving Appetizers, and even healthy Thanksgiving appetizers to accommodate every guest.
Originally published November 18, 2019, this post is continuously updated with fresh content, recipe links and ideas! Current update is November 21, 2021.
With the hustle and bustle of the holidays, it can get overwhelming to know what to make for gatherings! Whether you’re traveling to and from the homes of friend and family, or hosting and making your own array of dishes, I thought you’d enjoy these easy Thanksgiving appetizers.
Tried and true, there are Thanksgiving appetizer ideas for even the pickiest palates!
From handheld appetizers, to dips and spreads, there’s a recipe for every occasion. I love the delicious flavors of fall! Don’t miss the Best Fall Recipes and My Complete Guides to Baking with Apples and Pumpkin Desserts. I’ve even got an incredible Fall Cookie Round-up with over 30 recipes!
I’ve been rounding up my favorite holiday treats, eats and projects to give you some inspiration for your celebrations. Be sure to check out the 50 best Christmas cookie recipes, 20 Thanksgiving table settings, 20 Easy hors d’oeuvres, 12 Thanksgiving Cocktails and 30 Creative Christmas ideas!
My ultimate Thanksgiving Guide is also filled with printable organization and planning ideas – it’s a can’t miss read if you’re hosting this year! And if your Thanksgiving means your family is in different parts of the world, don’t miss my guide for How to Host a Virtual Thanksgiving.
Make Ahead Thanksgiving Appetizers
Dips are the easiest make ahead appetizers for any time of the year. These are great Thanksgiving appetizers to make ahead, even the day before!
- Veggie Dip
- Blue Cheese Dip
- Cheesy Corn Dip is full of shortcuts and yummy goodness.
- Onion Dip is foolproof but requires a little more hands on time, but it’s worth it! I can’t keep my hands to myself when it comes to this dip with a kick.
- Chokes and Cheese Dip a Columbia, Missouri classic will become your favorite, too.
- Creamy Spinach Dip made with cream cheese takes just a few minutes to make – and devour.
- Bacon and Gruyere Dip is a rarely seen combo that is creamy and full of flavor.
- Easy Corn Dip Recipe aka crack corn dip is just that. One bite and you can’t stop.
- Dill Dip is one of our family staples. It’s not the holidays without it and no store bought version will ever do. This make ahead dip is always a win.
- If you love shrimp, don’t skip my Roasted Shrimp Cocktail and Homemade Cocktail Sauce for the holidays or any time of year!
Easy Thanksgiving Appetizers
Spreads are another appetizer option that can often be made ahead. They are not only delicious, but they can also accommodate your guests who are living lower carb lifestyles, because you can serve them with such a variety of items.
Simply serve these spreads with fresh veggies for an easy way to make your low carb guests feel welcome!
- Whipped Goat Cheese Spread is so easy it’s hard to call a recipe, but it’s pretty, delicious, and can be made last minute or or ahead.
- Pesto Cheese Ball Wreath– this pretty wreath cheeseball is beautiful when served in the wreath form, but equally delicious in any shape and for any time of year!
- Easy Baked Goat Cheese and Honey Appetizer This puff pastry recipe is so easy I even made you a video! It presents beautifully, too!
- Santa Fe Cheese Ball takes just a few minutes hands on time and refrigerated until serving. You’ll wonder why you’ve ever purchased a mix.
- Almond Cheese Ball– This cute cheese ball is made into the shape of a hedgehog in the images, but you can make it into a more traditional shape if you’d like! Delicious any way you slice it.
- Baked Brie wrapped in puff pastry was one of my most popular recipes when I started this site. It’s so incredibly, buttery brie goodness smothered on a cracker is hard to resist!
- Marinated Cream Cheese and Marinated Goat Cheese– these are the easiest appetizers ever! Anyone can make them and they are a classic for a reason.
- Cheese and Crackers – yes, I know this is the simplest of all appetizers! But a few simple tips and tricks can elevate this crowd-pleasing classic to a whole new level.
Easy Hand Held Thanksgiving Appetizer Ideas
- The Best Beer Bread takes just 5 minutes to make. Serve with honey butter for an out of this world combo!
- Bacon Wrapped Dates – These bacon wrapped dates are stuffed with decadent cream cheese… it’s the ultimate combination of sweet and savory flavors.
- Stuffed Mushrooms – Boursin Stuffed Mushrooms are one of the easiest hors d’oeuvres. They taste so amazing guests would never guess that they only take minutes to make!
- Sweet Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites are covered in crushed potato chips. Need I say more? Okay, I will. It’s also gluten free.
- Baked Cheese, Pear and Prosciutto Crescent Rolls are a fluffy, warm and cheesy appetizer that is filling, comforting and a total crowd pleaser!
- Gnocco Fritto is the easiest appetizer made with puff pastry, a thin slice of proscuitto, drizzle of olive oil and crack of sea salt. They’re little bites of heaven!
- Mac and Cheese Cups are everyone’s favorite comfort food in the perfect bite-sized portion! Easy to make and even easier to eat, I dare you to try and stop at just one mac and cheese cup!
- Bacon and Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms are perfectly poppable. Better double that batch because they’re always a crowd pleaser.
- Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies – Little Smokies are the easiest appetizer! They’re made with just 3 ingredients in minutes! This Little Smokies recipe is the perfect party food to serve a crowd.
- Deviled Eggs are a family favorite! Every time we make them someone asks for the recipe. In fact, they’ve become expected at all of our holiday gatherings!
- Caramelized Onion and Goat Cheese Tart- These are delicious little hand-held appetizers that can even be made in the shape of fall leaves. So cute, and beyond delicious!
Healthy Thanksgiving Appetizers
While many of these Thanksgiving appetizers could be categorized in the hand held or make-ahead groups, they are also super healthy! I know how helpful it is to have some options for keeping moderation in mind.
These healthy Thanksgiving appetizers can also be helpful for guests with dietary restrictions – always be sure to ask to ensure they are comfortable with the options!
- Baked Artichokes are a low carb, deliciously savory appetizer idea your guests will love.
- Handheld Endive Salad – This easy endive appetizer is everything you crave for entertaining! It’s healthy, gorgeous, and simply bursting with fresh flavor. Bonus? Endive lettuce is naturally so easy to hold… your guests will keep coming back for more!
- Pear and Walnut Bites make a healthy Thanksgiving appetizer. Bite sized, incredibly easy and gluten free, you’ll love this pairing!
- Avocado Deviled Eggs are a delicious way to get some yummy protein in for an appetizer, and they are just as good as my regular deviled eggs.
- Fiesta Ranch Baked Cauliflower– these are the perfect crunchy little bites of flavorful veggies that can accommodate a variety of dietary restrictions.
- Roasted Mushrooms are an easy, low carb snack as well. When an appetizer is this tasty AND healthy, who can argue?
- Baked Sweet Potato Fries are an easy healthy snack, and especially when baked!
If you’ve decided on all the appetizers and side dishes but still need to worry about the turkey, check out this incredible crockpot turkey recipe!
Join Our Community
Let’s keep in touch! Receive exclusive content, including never-seen-before photos, our favorite home decor DIYs and more!
Make Ahead Dips
Easy + Cheesy Thanksgiving Appetizer Options
- Choose your favorite recipe from this fun list.
- Use the printable recipe cards in each link for ease.
- Shop and organize all the necessary ingredients.
- Prep ingredients and cook as indicated – most are ready in less than half an hour!
Estimated nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed.