Easy crowd pleasing baked goat cheese and honey appetizer recipe that looks as good as it tastes. It’s an easy to serve appetizer with fruits and crackers.
Just before Thanksgiving one of our lake neighbors and I were discussing our favorite holiday appetizers. I expressed my love for baked brie, which she had never tried when she mentioned it sounded much like one of her favorite recipes – Baked Goat Cheese and Honey.
I’ve always loved a whipped goat cheese drizzle with honey and thyme, so I was intrigued. Plus, I look for every opportunity to wrap cheese in puff pastry. It’s a glorious combination that holds the cheese together making it presentable, but adds a buttery flavor and nice flaky texture to cheese.
This easy baked goat cheese appetizer takes just 5 minutes hands on time and presents well with an array of fruits and crackers.
It’s so easy that I decided to whip up a little video, too.
Baked Goat Cheese
Easy crowd pleasing baked goat cheese and honey appetizer recipe that looks as good as it tastes. It's an easy to serve appetizer with fruits and crackers.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roll thawed pastry on a floured surface.
- Place goat cheese in the center of the puff pastry and fold it over to cover cheese, trimming excess, tucking and pinching dough to seal.
- Beat egg and water in a small dish. Brush pastry with the mixture to coat all sides.
- Bake 20 minutes or until golden and drizzle with honey. Allow to stand 10 minutes before serving.