Easy crowd pleasing baked goat cheese and honey appetizer recipe that looks as good as it tastes. It’s an easy to serve appetizer with fruits and crackers. Perfect for the holidays made with just 4 ingredients and takes 5 minutes to prep.
Just before Thanksgiving one of our lake neighbors and I were discussing our favorite holiday appetizers. I expressed my love for baked brie, which she had never tried when she mentioned it sounded much like one of her favorite recipes – Baked Goat Cheese and Honey.
If you love the combination of pear and cheese, you have to try these- my baked cheese, pear and prosciutto crescent rolls. You won’t believe how delicious these are!
I’ve always loved a whipped goat cheese drizzle with honey and thyme, so I was intrigued. Plus, I look for every opportunity to wrap cheese in puff pastry. It’s a glorious combination that holds the cheese together making it presentable, but adds a buttery flavor and nice flaky texture to cheese.
This goats cheese appetizer should be served warm and it is so quick and easy to make. If you want to get ahead of the game though, you can warp the cheese ahead of time and keep it covered in the fridge for an hour or so.
Then, you just have to pop it in the oven 20 minutes before you want to serve it.
Nothing says Christmas quite like cheese, it’s always a staple in our house and will appear in many ways across the holidays! Sometimes the best recipes are those that are simple with quality ingredients.
It’s so easy that I decided to whip up a little video, too. You can see just how easy it is in this New Year’s appetizer web story!
Baked Goat Cheese and Honey Appetizer Ingredients
You need just a few simple ingredients to make this yummy appetizer!
- Puff Pastry – Frozen or homemade.
- Goat Cheese – Plain works best for this easy recipe.
- Egg – To make an egg wash giving the pastry a golden brown glow.
- Water – To make an egg wash.
- Honey – A little drizzle after the bake.
How to Make This Baked Goat Cheese Appetizer
- Prep – Preheat oven and line baking sheet with parchment.
- Roll Pastry – Roll thawed pastry on a floured surface.
- Wrap – Place goat cheese in the center of the puff pastry and fold it over to cover cheese, trimming excess, tucking and pinching dough to seal.
- Make Egg Wash – Beat egg and water in a small dish. Brush pastry with the mixture to coat all sides.
- Bake – Bake until golden brown.
- Drizzle – Drizzle with honey. Allow to stand 10 minutes before serving.
This easy baked goat cheese appetizer takes just 5 minutes hands on time and presents well with an array of fruits, crackers and Crostini.
- Let the puff pastry come to room temperature before rolling
- Let it stand for 10 minutes before serving
More Easy Appetizers
- Brie and Preserves
- Boursin Stuffed Mushrooms
- Marinated Goat Cheese
- Stuffed Dates
- Baked Burrata Recipe
- Baked Cheese, Pear and Prosciutto Crescent Roll Appetizers
- Marinated Cream Cheese
- Cheese and Crackers
- Baked Brie in Puff Pastry
- Blue Cheese Dip
- Goat Cheese Crostini
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roll thawed pastry on a floured surface.
- Place goat cheese in the center of the puff pastry and fold it over to cover cheese, trimming excess, tucking and pinching dough to seal.
- Beat egg and water in a small dish. Brush pastry with the mixture to coat all sides.
- Bake 20 minutes or until golden and drizzle with honey. Allow to stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Use the best quality ingredients you can.
- Let the puff pastry come to room temperature before you roll it out.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for the best results.
- Let it stand for 10 minutes before serving to the table
Estimated nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed.