Classic and flavorful, this easy dill dip recipe is always a crowd-pleaser for holidays, game days and summer gatherings. The flavors really pop in this dill veggie dip with the help of dried herbs and spices (hello, Beau Monde!).
This creamy dip recipe is an easy make-ahead appetizer you can serve with vegetables, chips, crackers, and bread!
It is one of the easiest appetizers you can make and can also be made in advance. That makes this tasty dip recipe even more appealing! My mom always made Dill Veggie Dip the evening before Thanksgiving and Christmas in just 5 minutes. It’s a nice way to save time during the holidays!
This simple dip is a great recipe for every occasion from summer get-togethers, to game days and holidays.
Every time I make this easy dip, everyone asks for the recipe! It’s always a crowd-pleaser. One of the most frequently asked questions I receive is “What is Beau Monde?” I’ll be honest, if it weren’t for this dill dip, I’d be clueless as well. It’s the only recipe I use it for, but it’s soooo worth it!
Table of Contents
Dill Dip Recipe Ingredients
To make dill dip, you’ll need a few staple ingredients:
- Sour Cream – Full-fat sour cream makes for an ultra-creamy texture.
- Mayo – Use a high quality mayo for the best flavor. I prefer Hellmann’s or Best Foods.
- Beau Monde – This is the secret ingredient. Shhh!
- Dried Dill Weed – Dried dill seed can be substituted. A little note on that below.
- Dried Parsley – I really like the flavor profile of the dried parsley in this dip recipe, but you can also use fresh. You will need 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley to get the same pronounced flavor.
- Dried Minced Onion – If you’re really in a pinch, you can use Onion Powder, but the minced onion gives it great texture and flavor.
What exactly is Beau Monde?
I asked myself the same question when I first started making this dip recipe with dill. The classic beau monde seasoning is a simple mix of salt, onion powder, and celery powder. It adds that extra special savory flavor. Spice Islands makes a beautiful blend you can find in the grocery store.
Should I Use Dill Weed or Dill Seed?
My mom and grandma always made this dip recipe for the holidays. My mom used dill weed and grandma used dill seed – both offer great flavor, it just comes down to preference. I prefer dill weed, but dill seed adds a little extra texture. It’s truly your choice!
How to Make Dill Dip
It’s so quick and easy to make. To see just how easy it is, watch the video in this post.
- In a mixing bowl, combine wet ingredients together using a spatula. Fold in herbs and spices.
- Refrigerate covered – preferably overnight to allow all of the flavors from the herbs and spices to marinate. It can be made up to 3 days in advance!
If you’re in a pinch, it can be ready to serve in just 30 minutes. This gives the dill veggie dip enough time for the flavors to meld together.
What to Serve with Dill Veggie Dip
This is also known as dill veggie dip because raw vegetables pair so well with it! Some favorites include:
- bell peppers
- green onions
- cherry tomatoes
- green beans
- cucumber slices
Serving it with veggies makes it gluten-free and keto-friendly!
You can also serve it with:
- rye bread
- potato chips
You can serve this dip in a bowl or create a bread bowl using a round loaf of bread.
How Long Does Dill Dip Last?
As with any dip, it’s best enjoyed chilled and consumed within 3 hours (at room temperature for just 2 hours). You can store this simple veggie dip refrigerated, covered in plastic wrap, for up to 3 days.
Can You Freeze Dill Dip?
Dill Dip does not freeze well because it contains dairy (sour cream and mayonnaise).
If you love this Dill Veggie Dip recipe, leave a 5-star rating to share with others. It’s so easy and so delicious, you’ll never buy a mix or pick it up at the store again!
More Easy Dip Recipes
- Mexican Layer Dip
- Spinach Dip with Cream Cheese
- Queso Blanco
- Irresistible Veggie Dip Recipe
- Bacon Cheese Dip
- Velveeta Cheese Dip
- Baked Burrata Recipe
- Cream Cheese Bean Dip
- Boursin Cheese Spread
- 1 ⅓ cups sour cream
- 1 ⅓ cups mayo
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 2 teaspoons beau monde
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons onion flakes
- Combine and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve with rye bread, kettle chips and veggies.