These Boursin Stuffed Mushrooms are perfectly portioned little bites of creamy, herbal joy. This is the easiest two ingredient appetizer that will truly create a WOW at any gathering!
Boursin Stuffed Mushrooms are one of the easiest hors d’oeuvres. They taste so amazing guests would never guess that they only take minutes to make!
Whether you make them with store-bought or homemade boursin, they’re incredibly delicious. The rich cream and herb filling paired with oven roasted mushrooms makes for a delightful bite!
They’re an easy to eat, and easy to serve appetizer with just a few minutes hands-on time. I love this kind of appetizer because it allows you more time to focus on the main course… and of course, your guests!
Boursin is a whipped cheese blended with herbs for irresistible flavor, and it pairs incredibly well with mushrooms. The mushrooms are baked just until they release water so they’re not soggy or dry!
Boursin Stuffed Mushroom Ingredients
- Mushrooms – Crimini, Bella or white button mushrooms work beautifully here.
- Boursin – Homemade Boursin Cheese or store-bought!
- Add Protein – Bacon or prosciutto are both delicious pairings.
- Add Greens – Fold spinach into boursin before stuffing.
- Add Spice – Sprinkle a touch of paprika on top just before baking.
- Add Breadcrumbs – Top with breadcrumbs for a toasty crunch.
How to Make Boursin Stuffed Mushrooms
- Prep – Wash mushrooms and remove stems by gently twisting.
- Stuff – Use a spoon or small cookie scoop to stuff mushrooms. I like to overfill them for the best boursin to mushroom ratio.
- Bake – Bake on a jelly roll pan with an edge, baking dish or mini muffin tin (to prevent them from rolling around) and serve!
- Use a mini muffin tin to prevent mushrooms from tipping over. If you use this method and they don’t fit all the way in the cup, brush with their juice after baking. This also keeps them from sitting in their own moisture and becoming soggy.
- Double or triple the recipe for a crowd – simply use the 1x2x3x tab on the printable recipe card to multiply the ingredients! No math required!
- Use store-bought boursin
- Make them in advance! Assemble these stuffed mushrooms up to 24 hours in advance and bake just before serving.
No need to submerge! Mushrooms hold a lot of water, so it’s best to simply wipe them with a damp paper towel. You can also do a quick rinse with a colander, but make sure to dry thoroughly.
How to Store
- At Room Temperature – These Boursin stuffed mushrooms can stay at room temperature for up to two hours while serving.
- Refrigerate – These can be prepared up to one day ahead of time, and stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to four days after.
What to Do with Leftovers
- Make a boursin mushroom sauce
- Make boursin mushroom pasta
- Chop up and serve on toast
Make Ahead Boursin Stuffed Mushrooms
Stuffed mushrooms can be refrigerated and made ahead. Keep them covered for up to a day in the refrigerator and bake as directed before serving.
You can freeze the unbaked stuffed mushrooms on a sheet pan and then transfer to a container or freezer bag. Thaw the mushrooms in the fridge overnight. Bake as directed.
Make and Bake Prepared Mushrooms
Fill and bake boursin mushrooms, allow them to cool. Freeze and reheat in oven or microwave.
- Gluten Free
- Low Carb
- Nut Free
Hungry for more easy recipes? Sign up for my free recipe club and have amazing recipes delivered directly to your inbox each week!
More Easy Recipes
- Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies
- Easy Gnocco Fritto
- Spinach Dip Bites
- Guacamole Bites
- Stuffed Dates
- Mac and Cheese Cups
- Blue Cheese Walnut and Pear Appetizer
- 16 ounces mushrooms washed
- 5 ounces boursin 10 tablespoons
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Twist mushroom stems to remove.
- Using a small cookie scoop or teaspoon, fill mushrooms with boursin.
- Place mushrooms in a baking dish or mini muffin tin.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Make them with store-bought or homemade boursin
- Stuffed mushrooms can be refrigerated and made ahead. Keep them covered for up to a day in the refrigerator and bake as directed before serving.
Estimated nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed.