This is an incredibly easy bacon cheese dip recipe that’s always a favorite for game day or get togethers! This creamy mix of bacon, cheddar, cream cheese and sour cream topped with green onion is irresistible!
This warm dip comes together quickly with simple ingredients and is low carb and keto friendly.
This dip is a quick and easy appetizer that I love to make for just about anything because it’s always a crowd pleaser. You can double the batch and you’re still going to come home without a bite left because it’s just.that.good. Perfect to serve with crostini, chips and vegetables.
This Bacon Cheese Dip is made from shredded cheddar, cream cheese, sour cream, and bacon. The magic happens when they melt together and bubble so beautifully creating a tasty cheese dip that will have everyone begging for the recipe! Top it off with fresh chopped green onion for added flavor and presentation.
It’s the perfect appetizer for Super Bowl, game day, holiday get togethers and so much more! Serve it with veggies for a low carb and keto appetizer! It goes with everything from Little Smokies, Mac and Cheese Cups and Stuffed Mushrooms.
I tend to make this for a lot of fall and winter get togethers because a hot cheese dip, always does the trick.
This one is in my sure fire recipe list! I always win “tastiest treat” when I make it! Love it! And so easy!!!– Becky –
Bacon Cheese Dip
If I only get to make one dish, I want to bring it. I am especially proud that this recipe helped my friend Becky take away an award from her neighborhood block party. Did you hear that? Award-winning! It’s the little things.
Why You’ll Love It
- It’s low carb, keto and gluten free!
- It’s perfect for game day, so if you’re prepping for the Super Bowl, you can’t skip this one.
- You can dip just about anything into it – buttery crackers, Ruffles, toasted baguette, carrots, celery, peppers and more.
I love to dip. In fact, I have a recipe round-up with over 30 easy dip recipes that you can’t miss! Save it for the next time you need to find an incredible dip recipe- you might even find a few new faves, along with these 20 Bacon Appetizers!
Copy and paste to add ingredients to your grocery list.
- Cream Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Cheddar
- Green Onion
How To Make Bacon Cheese Dip
- Prep – Preheat oven.
- Combine – Combine softened cream cheese, sour cream, bacon and cheddar in baking dish for easy cleanup.
- Bake – Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes.
- Garnish – Stir and top with fresh green onions or chives.
- Use mild cheddar cheese to make Bacon Cheese Dip because it’s sharp flavor adds so much to this creamy dip. You can purchase pre-shredded cheddar, however I highly recommend purchasing a block and shredding it because block cheese is always a higher quality and it won’t be dry, resulting in the creamiest, stringiest, Bacon Cheddar Cheese Dip!
- You can fry 1/2 lb of bacon and tear it into little pieces or to save time, purchase bacon pieces. They greasier and more tender than bacon bits offering the next best thing to fresh bacon.
- Chips – Classic potato chips or ruffles
- Veggies – Bell peppers, carrots, broccoli, cherry tomatoes, cauliflower
- Crackers – Water crackers or butter crackers
Love bacon as much as we do? Don’t skip Bacon Popcorn!
One of the many reasons I love this dip recipe is that if you’re short on time, you can make this dip the day before by tossing all the ingredients together in a baker and refrigerate until you’re ready to bake and take.
It’s easy to transport, too! It comes together so quickly and easily and it’s such a crowd pleaser!
Lighten it Up
- Use 1/3 less fat cream cheese.
- Swap the sour cream for light sour cream.
- Use bacon pieces rather than fresh cooked bacon.
- Serve with veggies.
How to Store
- Room Temperature – This dip can sit out safely while serving for up to two hours.
- Refrigerate – Store in an airtight container up to 3-4 days refrigerated. Bake or microwave to warm and stir!
- Freezer – This dip won’t freeze well, so we don’t recommend this storage method.
Bacon Cheese Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 2 cups sour cream
- ½ pound bacon cooked and diced
- 2 cups mild cheddar freshly shredded
- 1 cup green onion chopped
- Preheat oven to 400℉.
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream, cheddar and bacon in a baking dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Garnish with green onion. Stir and serve with veggies, crackers, baguette or potato chips.
- Cream Cheese – Soften the cream cheese for easier mixing. It’s best to take it out of the fridge 30 minutes before you want to make this dip. You can substitute 1/3 less fat cream cheese to lighten it up.
- Sour Cream – Use full fat or light to cut the calories.
- Bacon – You can substitute bacon pieces for cooked bacon for ease.
- Shredded Cheddar – Use a fresh shredded mild cheddar for best, creamiest results. Monterey jack or fresh grated parmesan also works well for a twist.
- Green Onion – Chives or scallions also work well.
Make AheadCombine, refrigerate and bake just before serving.
To StoreRefrigerate – Store in an airtight container up to 3 days refrigerated. Bake or microwave to warm and stir!
Estimated nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed.