This Blue Cheese Dip Recipe is made with just 5 ingredients in less than 5 minutes. It’s the perfect addition to holiday get-togethers, tailgates, game day and more! It pairs well with chips, veggies and chicken wings.
The best way to start any gathering is with dip, right? It’s one of my favorite starters because it seems to make everyone feel at home from the moment they walk in. While I will never deviate from my traditional rye bread and dill dip for Thanksgiving, I also love this blue cheese dip recipe. It’s full of flavor!
Seriously, it’s so simple. You just combine the ingredients and refrigerate until you’re ready to serve, making it a tailgating and Thanksgiving favorite. Don’t worry, your guests will never know that you didn’t put a lot of effort into this delicious dip.
Blue Cheese Dip Ingredients
This quick and easy blue cheese dip recipe is made with just 5 ingredients:
- Sour Cream – Full-fat sour cream works best for a super creamy dip recipe.
- Mayonnaise – Use a high-quality mayo for the best flavor, such as Hellmann’s or Best Foods.
- Blue Cheese – Use a good quality blue cheese from the cheese department in your grocery store. My favorites include Stilton and Gorgonzola.
- Lemon Juice – Freshly squeezed lemon juice is far superior to the pre-squeezed variety.
- Green Onion – Fresh scallions or spring onions add a burst of savory flavor and pop of color.
Fresh cracked pepper at the very end adds a subtle hint of spice. It makes the world of difference.
How to Make Blue Cheese Dip Recipe
- In a large bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, blue cheese, lemon juice, and green onion. Add fresh cracked pepper to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- When ready, transfer to your serving bowl and garnish with a few slices green onion.
What to Serve with Blue Cheese Dip
This creamy Blue Cheese Dip recipe is delicious with any of the following:
- Your favorite chips – I love serving with sweet potato, beet or kettle chips. A mix of the 3 is even better!
- Store-bought crackers
- Fresh cut vegetables like carrots, celery, cauliflower and broccoli
- Chicken Wings
More Dip Recipes You’ll Love:
- Easy Sour Cream Dip
- Spinach Dip with Cream Cheese (Creamy Spinach Dip Recipe)
- Irresistible Veggie Dip Recipe
- Caramelized Shallot Dip
- Dill Dip
- Bacon Cheese Dip
If you love this Blue Cheese Dip recipe, don’t forget to leave a 5 star rating and save to Pinterest to make it again!
Blue Cheese Dip
- 1 c sour cream
- 1 c mayonnaise
- 4 oz blue cheese crumbled
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 c green onion chopped
- pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients.
- Add fresh cracked pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate until serving. Serve with your favorite chips or veggies.