Learn how to make pound cake with this incredible Cinnamon Pound Cake recipe that embraces the taste of fall and winter. Perfect for gifting around the holidays.
Cinnamon Pound Cake
I love adapting my favorite recipes along with the seasons. I spiced up my favorite pound cake recipe into a cinnamon pound cake and I think it’s turned into my new fall favorite.
The little bit of added glaze on top makes it taste just like a cinnamon roll without all the mess!
I often like to make pound cake in a bundt for added beauty. They set well for an easy release in a beautiful bundt pan.
If you’re already a baking pro and and want to skip my tips and tricks, essential cooking info, and similar recipe ideas you can skip straight to this jaw-dropping Cinnamon Pound Cake Recipe. Simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
Revisiting this recipe always makes me hope a party or event comes up, so I have an excuse to make it again! It’s always a crowd pleaser and the perfect dessert for large groups.
How Many People Does This Cinnamon Bundt Cake Serve?
This is one of those recipes that will make you stop in your tracks and start to think about eating the whole thing yourself. That might be the time to but remember that yes butter makes everything better, but that everything should be in moderation.
This bundt cake easily serves 15, so maybe you should save it for your next dinner party, or holiday party. That way nothing goes to waste and no one leaves with pants that don’t fit anymore.
Do I Have To Use A Bundt Pan?
When it comes to making a pound cake, you can use whatever pan you want, or whatever is most convient for you. I often like to make pound cake in a bundt for added beauty. They set well for an easy release in a beautiful bundt pan.
How To Prepare A Bundt Pan
If prepared correctly a bundt pan allows you to come out with a beautiful finished product. Here are a few of my tricks for a smeless bundt pan experience.
Coat the pan thoroughly with butter or oil using a pastry brush or paper towel to ensure every crevice is covered. Then Sprinkle flour onto the pan and tap it in various directions until the pan has been covered. Tap to remove any excess so it doesn’t show on your cake.
Once you follow these instructions you should be able to remove your cake from the pan with ease.
If you love pound cake as much as we do, be sure to check out my ultimate pound cake guide– you’ll learn everything you need to know about baking this incredible treat!
Cinnamon Pound Cake Ingredients
Like many of my recipes, this Cinnamon Pound Cake recipe is made of staple ingredients, with just a few minutes hands on time. Traditional pound cake is made with butter, sugar, eggs, flour, milk and vanilla.
- Butter – Salted or unsalted, your choice.
- Sugar – Granulated sugar adds a delightful sweetness to this cake.
- Eggs –
- Flour – All purpose, no need to sift.
- Milk – Whatever you have on hand. This ingredient offers a tender crumb and a lot of moisture.
- Vanilla – A hint of vanilla adds so much flavor in baking.
- Cinnamon – Ground cinnamon is the star of this show and adds so much flavor.
How To Make A Pound Cake
The process of making a bundt cake is pretty straight forward.
- Simply mix up all your ingredients as directed using your mixer, don’t forget the cinnamon for that perfect warm and cozy flavor.
- Then while the cake is baking, you’ll mix up a basic glaze to pour on top. You definitely don’t want to skip this step, it’s the best part!
- To top it all off I added blueberries and dusted them with powdered sugar for a beautiful winter centerpiece that coordinates with this wintery table setting.
Tips to Make the Best Pound Cake
While this recipe is so easy, there are some secretes to make the best Pound Cake!
- First, bring butter (and eggs) to room temperature. Cold butter doesn’t beat as evenly. This recipe doesn’t use a leavening agent like baking powder or baking soda because when you you beat the butter until light in color it incorporates air which helps it increase in volume.
- Beat in the sugar until it’s light and fluffy. The fat (butter) and sugar hold air bubbles to create a fine texture and leaven the cake.
- Bringing eggs to room temperature will provide a really smooth texture to the cake.
- Don’t over beat. Beat eggs one at a time. This will prevent the batter from curdling and prevent the air in the mixture from deflating.
- As with all cakes, it’s best if you mix dry ingredients together. This will result in a fine texture, ensuring all lumps are broken up and a nice even bake.
- Bake time can vary from oven to oven, so use the toothpick test to determine the optimal baking time for your oven.
How to Store Pound Cake
Pound Cake keeps incredibly well. You can enjoy a slice now and enjoy the remainder for snacks (or breakfast, I won’t judge). To prevent it from drying out, store (cooled) in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
More Easy Pound Cake Recipes
I can never say no to a good slice of cake, and man there are some good options out there. Don’t forget to check out some other easy and delicious cake recipes! I might just have to make one or two of these this week!
Don’t waste any time, save this recipe now so you can whip it up the first chance you get! I’m so excited to see all of you make it this season. Make sure to check back in and write a comment about your experience with the recipe. I love seeing pictures too so make sure to tag me on Instagram!
Cinnamon Pound Cake
- 2 c butter softened
- 3 c sugar
- 6 eggs
- 4 c flour
- 3/4 c milk
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp butter melted
- 1 1/2 c powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until light in color and creamy in texture, about 5 minutes.
- Beat in eggs until just incorporated.
- Gradually add in flour and milk, alternating the two on low speed.
- Mix in vanilla and cinnamon.
- Scoop mixture into a prepared* bundt pan up to 2/3 full to compensate for rise.
- Bake 1 hour and 40 minutes. Allow to cool 10 minutes before turning onto a platter.
- Glaze: Mix ingredients until smooth and drizzle over the top of the bundt.
LET’S CONNECT! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
SIGN UP TO RECEIVE EACH NEW RECIPE TO YOUR INBOX: FREE EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION