Baked Brie in Puff Pastry is a classic appetizer that is effortless, yet elegant and oh-so-delicious. It’s made with just three ingredients in five minutes hands on time.
This baked brie recipe is a memorable appetizer for holiday get togethers, celebrations and more.
Tis the season! It seems there is never a shortage of holiday parties to attend, game day, Galentine’s/Valentine’s Day where you are asked to bring an appetizer or side dish. This Baked Brie in Puff Pastry is one of my favorites because it’s unbelievably delicious and SO simple!
When I was a caterer and event planner, this was one of our go to appetizers because it’s always a crowd pleaser and can be made ahead (and baked just before serving). It’s easy, elegant and most importantly, delicious!
It’s an elevated form of cheese and crackers. Light and flaky puff pastry covers gooey, melted, buttery brie in this easy appetizer. It’s easy to slice and spread onto crackers or crostini and can be served with nuts, jams and more. It has incredible flavor and texture in every bite!
Just 10 minutes of prep is all you need before popping this amazing dish in the oven. In a matter of minutes, your whole house will be filled with the scent of the cheesy puff pastry goodness. No matter how good it smells, no peeking!
I love serving this to the middle of the table and cutting into it in front of everyone. The first slice is always the best as you watch buttery brie pour out of the puff pastry shell and it really is as good as it looks! It’s a great start, or end, to your festive dinner!
Why You’ll Love Baked Brie
- This crowd pleaser is one of the easiest appetizers ever
- It serves 15, great for a crowd
- Make it ahead! You can wrap the brie in the pastry ahead of time and just keep it covered in the fridge until you are ready to bake it.
- It makes a great table appetizer as part of your holiday meal and kids and adults all love it equally.
Baked Brie Ingredients
You need just a few ingredients to make this baked brie cheese appetizer! (See recipe in printable recipe card below).
- Puff Pastry – Homemade or store-bought, thawed to room temperature. You’ll find puff pastry in the freezer section of most grocery stores – follow package directions to bring it to room temperature before baking.
- Brie – A round of brie works best, but you can use a wedge in a pinch. You can remove the rind if you’d like but it’s not necessary.
- Egg – To create an egg wash, giving the pastry a golden brown glow.
- Water – To mix with the egg to make an egg wash.
- Optional Toppings – try a variety of fruits, preserves, jams and jellies. As you can see in further detail below, you can add nuts and a drizzle of honey for even more flavor.
How to Make Baked Brie in Puff Pastry
It’s always a crowd pleaser. It takes just five minutes hands on time, then bake and allow it to set 15 minutes before serving. It’s effortless, yet elegant! Get the full printable recipe in the card below.
- Prep – Preheat oven and make or thaw puff pastry.
- Roll Pastry – Roll pastry on a floured surface until you achieve the appropriate size for your brie wheel.
- Wrap – Place cheese in the center of the puff pastry and fold it over the cheese to cover it, trimming excess and tucking as needed.
- Make Egg Wash – Whisk egg and water in a small dish. Brush onto pastry to coat.
- Bake – Bake until golden brown.
- Serve – Allow to stand 10 minutes before serving with crackers, crostini, nuts and more.
What are the Best Jams to Serve with Baked Brie?
Even plain, it’s a beautiful (and delicious), but you can take it up a notch by making Baked Brie with Jam! Use your favorite to make it out of this world.
You can make it sweet or savory. Topping it with preserves adds a little added color, too!
- Onion jam
- Bacon jam
- Or add a drizzle of honey for the ultimate sweet and savory combo!
Add nuts of all kinds (pecans, almonds, and pine nuts are incredible options) for an extra crunch of flavor and texture.
Baked Brie in Puff Pastry Serving Suggestions
It’s the perfect compliment to a variety of options for serving.
- water crackers
- apples (granny smith are my favorite)
- Sliced Veggies (If you’re going to savory route with onion or bacon jam this is especially delicious)
- Let the puff pastry come to room temperature before using it.
- I leave the rind on the Brie. It helps it hold it’s shape and adds incredible flavor.
- Let it stand for 10 minutes before serving to the table.
- Top with nuts, jam or fruit for a real festive treat!
Frequently Asked Questions
The short answer is NO! While you are welcome to remove the rind if the look or texture is bothersome to you, you can absolutely leave the rind in this brie baked puff pastry recipe.
In fact, we prefer to leave the rind on the brie so it holds its shape better as it bakes.
Try fig, apricot, peach, strawberry or raspberry. Cranberry and orange flavors are wonderful for the holidays!
What to do with Leftovers
Prepare up to 24 hours in advance, cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate to store. Bake just before serving and allow to cool 10 minutes.
How to Store
- Room Temperature – This baked brie recipe can be left out while serving for up to two hours.
- Refrigerator – You can wrap the brie in the puff pastry up to 48 hours in advance before serving. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap to store, and follow directions for baking.
- Contains Dairy
- Contains Gluten
Join Our Community
Let’s keep in touch! Receive exclusive content, including never-seen-before photos, our favorite home decor DIYs and more!
More Easy Appetizers
- 1 puff pastry sheet thawed 20 minutes
- 16 ounces brie
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- On a floured surface, unfold pastry. Using a rolling pin, roll to approximately 14", dusting with flour as needed.
- Place cheese in the center of puff pastry and trim off corners. Fold it over the cheese to cover it, trimming excess and tucking as needed.
- In a small dish, beat egg and water to create an egg wash. Brush mixture onto the pastry to coat.
- Bake 25 minutes or until golden and allow to stand 10 minutes before serving.
Estimated nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed.