A luxuriously creamy and flavorful Honey Butter to enhance your favorite baked goods including beer bread, sweet bread, bagels, biscuits, rolls and more! It’s made with just 3 ingredients in a couple minutes.
It’s true! Honey Butter makes everything better!
It’s such a sweet and simple way to enhance just about everything you can imagine. It’s quick and easy to make and makes everything feel special. Even store bought goods!
Easiest Honey Butter Recipe
Elevate dinner rolls at Thanksgiving with this delicious spread that is sure to impress your guests. Or you can keep it in your fridge to enjoy on muffins, breads and bagels on a whim.
Use it for entertaining – one of my most crowd pleasing recipes is my beer bread, which is pictured here. This is a combination that your guests will crave! You’ll have everyone begging for the recipes, I promise!
It’s such a treat with your favorite dinner rolls, or added to breakfast and brunch buffets for the sweetest, most special finish to all your favorite breakfast pastries!
One of the best ways to enjoy this recipe? Check out my reader favorite pumpkin muffins! You’re also going to want to add this honey butter to my incredible caramel banana muffins. Who can resist that combination of delicious flavors?
There’s no need to purchase this at the store when you can whip it up in your kitchen in minutes – and you know my saying, fresh is always best! This simple recipe is no exception.
I like to give a lot of detail in my recipe posts to guide readers through any questions. If you’re just here for the printable recipe, feel free to click “jump to recipe” right under the title of this post and you’ll head straight there!
Honey Butter Ingredients
- Butter – Salted is preferred. If using unsalted butter, add just a pinch.
- Honey – The key ingredient to make this delightfully sweet and savory spread.
- Vanilla – A hint of vanilla adds the best flavor and makes this honey butter stand above the rest.
Optional – add a touch of cinnamon.
How to Make Honey Butter
Making honey butter is simple and sweet – just like it tastes!
- Whip softened butter, honey and vanilla until smooth.
Yes, it really is that easy. Trust me, you’ll want to add this delicious whipped treat to everything you can think of! Or maybe that’s just me, over here dreaming about honey butter.
Ways to Enjoy Honey Butter
- Serve with Beer Bread
- Spread on Pancakes
- Brush onto Dinner Rolls
- Serve with Sweet Bread
- On Toast
- Smothered on Banana Bread
- Spread on Best Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Spread onto Biscuits
- Slather onto Bagels
- Enjoy with Homemade Cornbread
- Add a touch to French Toast
- Brush on Oven Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Add a touch to Belgian Waffles
Honey Butter Tips
- If using unsalted butter, add a pinch of salt, about an 1/8 teaspoon.
- Cinnamon Honey Butter – add a pinch of cinnamon, about 1/8-1/4 teaspoon, to taste.
- Bring to room temperature to serve.
- Refrigerate – Store in an airtight container refrigerated up to 5 months.
- Freeze – Spoon into a log and roll tight in plastic wrap. Place in a freezer bag or airtight container to prevent any freezer odors from seeping in.
Both honey and butter have a long shelf life, but it must be kept cold in order to stay safe for consumption and retain freshness.
Quick Bread Recipes
One of the easiest ways to enjoy this honey bread is on a warm slice of one of my famous quick breads! There are so many delicious options.
I hope you’ll give this honey butter recipe a try! Where will you use this deliciously quick recipe? I’d love to hear! Please leave a comment and review using my five star rating system- it not only helps me, but other reads as well!
- 3/4 cup salted butter softened
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter, honey and vanilla until smooth.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Butter - Salted is preferred. If using unsalted butter, add just a pinch. If using unsalted butter, add a pinch of salt, about an 1/8 teaspoon.
- Cinnamon Honey Butter - add a pinch of cinnamon, about 1/8-1/4 teaspoon, to taste.
- Refrigerate - Store in an airtight container refrigerated up to 5 months. Bring to room temperature to serve.
- Freeze - Spoon into a log and roll tight in plastic wrap. Place in a freezer bag or airtight container to prevent any freezer odors from seeping in. Bring to room temperature to serve.