This is a luxuriously creamy and sweet honey butter to enhance your favorite baked goods including beer bread, sweet bread, bagels, biscuits, rolls and more!
It’s made with just three ingredients in a couple minutes.
It’s true! Honey Butter makes everything better!
It’s such a sweet and simple way to enhance just about everything you can imagine. It’s quick and easy to make and makes everything feel special. Even store bought goods!
Honey Butter Recipe
Elevate dinner rolls at Thanksgiving with this delicious spread that is sure to impress your guests. Or you can keep it in your fridge to enjoy on muffins, breads and bagels on a whim.
One of the best ways to enjoy this recipe? Check out my reader favorite pumpkin muffins! You’re also going to want to add this honey butter to my incredible caramel banana muffins. Who can resist that combination of delicious flavors?
- Butter – Salted is preferred. If using unsalted butter, add just a pinch. Learn how to make homemade butter here, and how to soften butter quickly here!
- Honey – The key ingredient to make this delightfully sweet and savory spread.
- Vanilla – A hint of vanilla adds the best flavor and makes this honey butter stand above the rest.
- Optional – add a touch of cinnamon.
How to Make
- Whip softened butter, honey and vanilla until smooth.
Yes, it really is that easy. Trust me, you’ll want to add this delicious whipped treat to everything you can think of! Or maybe that’s just me, over here dreaming about honey butter.
- Serve with Beer Bread
- Brush onto Dinner Rolls
- Serve with Sweet Bread
- Spread on Best Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Enjoy with Homemade Cornbread
- Add a touch to French Toast
- Brush on Oven Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Add a touch to Belgian Waffles
Support your local farmers and choose a local honey!
Honey butter should be served at room temperature, much like regular butter. Allow an hour for it to reach room temperature before you serve it!
How to Store
Both honey and butter have a long shelf life, but it must be kept cold in order to stay safe for consumption and retain freshness.
- Room Temperature – You can leave this honey butter sitting out at while serving for up to 2-3 hours safely.
- Refrigerate – Store in an airtight container refrigerated up to three months.
- Freeze – Spoon into a log and roll tight in plastic wrap. Place in a freezer bag or airtight container to prevent any freezer odors from seeping in. Store in the freezer for up to six months.
- ¾ cup salted butter softened
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter, honey and vanilla until smooth.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Butter – Salted is preferred. If using unsalted butter, add just a pinch. If using unsalted butter, add a pinch of salt, about an 1/8 teaspoon.
- Cinnamon Honey Butter – add a pinch of cinnamon, about 1/8-1/4 teaspoon, to taste.
- Refrigerate – Store in an airtight container refrigerated up to 5 months. Bring to room temperature to serve.
- Freeze – Spoon into a log and roll tight in plastic wrap. Place in a freezer bag or airtight container to prevent any freezer odors from seeping in. Bring to room temperature to serve.
Estimated nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed.