What is Beer Bread?
What Kind of Beer to Use in a Beer Bread Recipe
You can use any beer in beer bread! Have fun with it and experiment! Each beer will change the flavor of the bread.
- Guinness is a great beer for stout lovers and the perfect way to adapt this homemade bread recipe for St. Patrick’s Day!
- IPA’s offer a lot of depth. Some of our favorites include Happy Camper, Dogfish 90 Minute, Bell’s Two Hearted. Try your favorite!
- A farmhouse ale is also a delicious beer to integrate into a loaf of bread. My favorite is Boulevard Brewery’s Tank 7.
More beers to try in this easy beer bread recipe:
- Pale Ale
- Brown Ale
Lighter beers like Coors Lite, Miller Light, Bud Light, etc can be used as well, but aren’t as flavorful.
How to Make Beer Bread
One of the many amazing things about this beer bread recipe is that you can mix it up directly in your loaf pan! Who doesn’t love a no fuss, less cleanup recipe?! To see how easy this recipe is, watch the video in the post. Don’t forget to check out the printable recipe below.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease your loaf pan.
- Combine dry ingredients – flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add granulated sugar, minced garlic (can substitute garlic powder in a pinch), melted butter and beer. Mix well.
- If you mixed it up in your loaf pan, bake 45 minutes – if not, pour the batter into your bread pan and bake.
Optional serving suggestion: pour a little melted honey butter on top to serve.
While I like to use a classic loaf pan, you can also make it in a muffin tin for individual portions! Just reduce baking time.
Seriously, this is one of the easiest bread recipes you’ll ever make! Don’t forget to pin it to save this recipe for later!
What Readers are Saying About this Beer Bread Recipe
- Ashley “I’m doing this recipe for the second time. It was a huge hit. Butter and honey on top and it’s carb heaven. I didn’t adjust anything about this recipe. It’s perfect.
- Kate “I’m not going to lie, I was scared to try this but it came out perfect and it’s SO good!”
- Elizabeth “We made it for our Super Bowl party. So delicious!”
- 3 c flour sifted (not packed)
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt optional
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 4 Tbsp butter melted
- 12 oz beer
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking powder & salt gently with a spoon.
- Add sugar, garlic, butter & beer. Mix well.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan allowing room to compensate for rise. Bake 45 minutes.