This easy Santa Fe Cheese Ball recipe is a deliciously addicting last-minute appetizer recipe that’s always a crowd pleaser.
Table of Contents
3-Ingredient Santa Fe Cheese Ball Recipe
Years ago, I picked up a cheese ball mix to whip up an easy appetizer on the road when we were en route to a tailgate party. Ever since, I’ve been addicted. How could I love a mix so much? Everyone would ask for the recipe and I would quietly whisper “it’s a mix.”
Guess what? Anything that is a mix, starts from scratch and just like my better than the box brownies, aren’t any more difficult to make. So today we’re skipping the mix and making my favorite Santa Fe Cheese Ball recipe with just 3 ingredients. Spoiler alert, it’s like crack.
What’s in a Cheese Ball Recipe?
I purchased a few seasoning mixes to find the right fit for that Santa Fe taste I was hoping for and Mrs. Dash nailed it with the Southwest Chipotle seasoning. I blend some of the seasonings in the cheeseball to marinate and then roll it in them for a delicious sticky free cheese ball finish.
There are a lot of great cheese balls out there, but there’s one ingredient that makes this Santa Fe Cheese Ball recipe stand apart from the rest – butter! Yes, in my opinion, butter makes everything better.
The addition of butter to this cheeseball recipe gives it a smooth texture that spreads beautifully on crackers and baguette. It also gives it that melt-in-your-mouth taste.
How to Make a Cheese Ball:
I purchased a few seasoning mixes to find the right fit for that Santa Fe taste I was hoping for and Mrs. Dash nailed it with the Southwest Chipotle seasoning.
I blend some of the seasonings in the cheeseball to marinate and then roll it in them for a delicious sticky free cheese ball finish.
But, before we get to the seasonings, you’ll need to drop the chilled mixture on a piece of parchment/wax paper.
Use the parchment/wax paper to help mold into a ball and remove.
Sprinkle spices onto a fresh sheet and roll! Then chill, serve and enjoy!
Do you have a favorite cheese ball recipe? If so, please share!
Get your fix of all things cheese with some other cheese appetizers and dishes! I know you’ll love them as much as I do!
Santa Fe Cheese Ball
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 4 tablespoons butter softened
- 1 tablespoons Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle Seasoning + 1 tsp
- Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle Seasoning for rolling cheese ball
- Mix room-temperature cream cheese in a food processor until smooth.
- Add in butter and continue to process until combined
- Mix in seasoning until desired texture is reached
- Using an ice cream scoop, Using an ice cream scoop transfer the mixture into a mound in the center of a large piece of plastic wrap. Cover the mixture with the plastic wrap and use your hands to shape it into a ball.
- Wrap the plastic wrapped ball in foil and chill for at least 8 hours.
- Roll in crunchy stuff and serve
- When ready to serve, remove the ball from the refrigerator and roll it in the leftover seasoning. Place the seasoning on a rimmed baking sheet before rolling.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Estimated nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed.
Leave a Comment