Spinach Dip with Cream Cheese
This is such an amazing cream cheese spinach dip that is full of flavor! Perfect for pairing with tortilla chips, flatbread, veggies or crostini.
I absolutely crave a creamy spinach dip! There’s nothing better on game day, Christmas Eve, New Year’s Eve or any other excuse to dip into spinach dip. I make spinach dip with cream cheese and Monterey Jack cheese to achieve the creamiest, cheesiest spinach dip!
Originally published December 2013, updated March 25, 2021.
This dip is one of those classic recipes that is truly always a hit. You can’t go wrong bringing this to a party or serving to your family. It’s something that almost everyone loves.
True story: the first time I had a bite of cream cheese spinach dip as a kid, I realized that maybe I could actually enjoy spinach! Especially if it’s surrounded by this much decadent cheese and delicousness, right?
I love bringing you a variety of delicious dips because I could literally live on dips alone. A few of my faves? Don’t skip my incredible veggie dip, this pesto cheese dip, or my creamy jalapeño dip.
It takes only 10 minutes hands on time for a total of 30 minutes, including bake time! This means that it’s great for get-togethers or when you need to bring a dish in a rush!
Why You’ll Love this Spinach Dip with Cream Cheese
- So easy
- Low carb
- Feeds a crowd
- Makes great leftovers
- Works with a variety of dippers
Cream Cheese Spinach Dip Ingredients
- Cream Cheese – The cream cheese makes this baked artichoke dip so creamy and craveable. Learn how to soften cream cheese quickly.
- Mayonnaise – Mayo is also a great base for creamy dips! Olive Oil Mayo is my go-to.
- Sour Cream – There’s nothing quite like the creamy tang of sour cream for an added touch in a dip. I prefer full fat, but if you’re trying to cut back this is an easy place to do it!
- Chopped Spinach – frozen spinach is best for this recipe, I like to buy the steamable packages.
- Monterey Jack Cheese – Fresh grated jack cheese makes this dip sooooo creamy! Avoid pre-shredded cheese, as it’s covered in a flour like substance that helps it resist sticking and melting.
- Minced Onion – adds a subtle burst of flavor.
- Minced Garlic – I find that buying pre-minced garlic is a great shortcut.
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes – Crushed red pepper flakes in this recipe are not enough to make it hot, but just enough to spice it up a little.
- Parmesan – Fresh grated or store bought, your choice! Parmesan doesn’t melt quite like the creamier cheeses, so fresh grated isn’t as important.
- Black Pepper – For a little spice!
- To Garnish: Diced Red Pepper – I add a little diced red pepper or red pepper flakes to the top for a pop of vibrant color. Totally not necessary if you’d prefer to skip!
It may seem like a lot of ingredients, but it’s a quick no fuss recipe made with a blend of spices for maximum flavor! Combining the cream cheese, mayo and sour cream and blending with jack cheese makes it so creamy when it melts in the oven!
Keep reading for the printable Creamy Spinach Dip with Cream Cheese recipe and watch how to make it in the video in this post!
How to Make Spinach Dip with Cream Cheese
- Prep – Preheat oven.
- Prepare Spinach – Steam spinach in microwave.
- Combine – Next, combine all ingredients and stir.
- Finally, stir and serve!
What to Serve With Cream Cheese Spinach Dip
- tortilla chips
- pita chips
- bell peppers
This hot spinach dip recipe is a one dish wonder – mix it up in your casserole dish, bake and serve. Hence, it doesn’t get any easier!
This mini casserole dish is one of my favorites to use for dips – it’s super affordable and I love the cute lid!
Tips for the Best Spinach Dip with Cream Cheese
- Spice it Up – It’s so easy to make this dip your own! Add an extra scoop of red pepper flakes, jalapenos or a little tobasco for an extra kick if you know your crowd can handle it.
- Make Ahead – It’s the ultimate hostess hack! Mix up this cream cheese spinach dip so that you can bake it or take it later!
- Bake it Longer – Love it when your cheesy appetizers get a little brown and bubbly on top? Don’t hesitate to bake this dip a little longer (up to 35 minutes or so, watching it carefully) to reach that level of golden perfection.
How to Store
- Room Temperature – This dip can sit out while serving for up to two hours maximum.
- Refrigerate – covered for up to five days. Before warming, allow to set out 20-30 minutes to prevent dish from breaking between refrigerator and oven.
- Freezer – Spinach Dip doesn’t freeze well. Sour cream and mayonnaise can become watery when frozen and you’ll lose the creamy consistency of the dip.
Curious about freezing your cream cheese recipes? Read more in Can you Freeze Cream Cheese to learn all about what works and what doesn’t!
Make it Ahead
While it’s certainly not necessary, you can make this spinach dip ahead as well! Sometimes that offers another level of convenience.
Just combine ingredients and bake when you’re ready to serve. It will keep for 3+ days covered and refrigerated.
Love spinach? Don’t skip this incredible Spinach and Feta Quiche.
When you serve this cream cheese spinach dip with veggies, it’s keto friendly / low carb! I love serving these kinds of dips because it’s considerate of the dietary needs of your guests, yet virtually everyone loves it so it’s a win win.
What to Do With Leftovers
Will you actually have any leftovers? That’s debatable! If you do, there are so many ways to enjoy this creamy spinach dip!
- Spread on a sandwich
- Make a gourmet grilled cheese
- Top a slider with it
- Add to a gourmet burger
- Make a Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Make Stuffed Mushrooms
- Toss with homemade pasta
More Amazing Dip Recipes
Spinach Dip with Cream Cheese
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- ¼ cup mayo
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 9 ounces spinach steamable frozen
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ⅙ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- pepper fresh cracked
- ⅓ cup parmesan grated
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese grated
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Steam frozen spinach in the microwave according to package instructions and drain excess liquid.
- In a small bowl, warm cream cheese in the microwave for 1 minute to soften.
- Combine spinach, cream cheese, mayo, sour cream, onion flakes, garlic, red pepper, parmesan, shredded jack and stir well.
- Bake uncovered for 10 minutes, stir and serve.
SubstitutionsYou can substitute fresh spinach.
Serving SuggestionsServe with crackers, crostini, chips or veggies. Enjoy on top of burgers, in a grilled cheese or stuffed chicken.
To StoreRefrigerate covered for up to five days. Before warming, allow to set out 20-30 minutes to prevent dish from breaking between refrigerator and oven.
Estimated nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed.
Leave a Comment