A creamy spinach dip that is full of flavor! Perfect for pairing with tortilla chips, flatbread, veggies or crostini.
I absolutely crave a creamy spinach dip! There’s nothing better on game day, Christmas Eve, New Year’s Eve or any other excuse to dip into spinach dip. I make spinach dip with cream cheese and monterey jack cheese to achieve the creamiest, cheesiest spinach dip!
Table of Contents
Cream Cheese Spinach Dip Ingredients
It takes only 10 minutes hands on time for a total of 30 minutes, including bake time! This means that it’s great for get-togethers or when you need to bring a dish in a rush!
This easy cream cheese spinach dip recipe is made with the following list of simple ingredients. Are you ready?
- Cream Cheese – The cream cheese makes this baked artichoke dip so creamy and craveable.
- Mayonnaise – Mayo is also a great base for creamy dips! Olive Oil Mayo is my go-to.
- Sour Cream – There’s nothing quite like the creamy tang of sour cream for an added touch in a dip. I prefer full fat, but if you’re trying to cut back this is an easy place to do it!
- Chopped Spinach – frozen spinach is best for this recipe, I like to buy the steamable packages.
- Monterey Jack Cheese – Fresh grated jack cheese makes this dip sooooo creamy! Avoid pre-shredded cheese, as it’s covered in a flour like substances that helps it resist sticking and melting. Not what you want in a creamy, rich dip!
- Minced Onion – adds a subtle burst of flavor.
- Minced Garlic – I know that not everyone will agree, but I find that buying pre-minced garlic is a great shortcut.
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes – I like a little crushed red pepper flakes in this recipe! It’s not enough to make it hot, but just enough to spice it up a little.
- Parmesan – Fresh grated or store bought, your choice! Parmesan doesn’t melt quite like the creamier cheeses, so fresh grated isn’t as important in my eyes.
- Black Pepper – For a little spice!
- To Garnish: Diced Red Pepper – I add a little diced red pepper to the top for a pop of vibrant color. Totally not necessary if you’d prefer to skip!
It may seem like a lot of ingredients, but it’s a quick no fuss recipe made with a blend of spices for maximum flavor! The combination of cream cheese, mayo and sour cream blended with jack cheese makes it so creamy when it melts in the oven!
Keep reading for the printable Creamy Spinach Dip with Cream Cheese recipe and watch how to make it in the video in this post!
How to Make Spinach Dip with Cream Cheese
- Prep – Preheat oven.
- Prepare Spinach – Steam spinach in microwave.
- Combine – Combine all ingredients and stir.
- Stir and serve!
What to Serve With Cream Cheese Spinach Dip
This hot spinach dip recipe is a one dish wonder – mix it up in your casserole dish, bake and serve. It doesn’t get any easier!
This mini casserole dish is one of my favorites to use for dips – it’s super affordable and I love the cute lid!
Tips for the Best Spinach Dip with Cream Cheese
- Spice it Up – It’s so easy to make this dip your own! Add an extra scoop of red pepper flakes, jalapenos or a little tobasco for an extra kick if you know your crowd can handle it.
- Make Ahead – It’s the ultimate hostess hack! Mix up this cream cheese spinach dip so that you can bake it or take it later!
- Bake it Longer – Love it when your cheesy appetizers get a little brown and bubbly on top? Don’t hesitate to bake this dip a little longer (up to 35 minutes or so, watching it carefully) to reach that level of golden perfection.
How to Store
- Refrigerate covered for up to five days. Before warming, allow to set out 20-30 minutes to prevent dish from breaking between refrigerator and oven.
- Spinach Dip doesn’t freeze well. Sour cream and mayonnaise can become watery when frozen and you’ll lose the creamy consistency of the dip.
While it’s certainly not necessary, you can make this spinach dip ahead as well! Sometimes that offers another level of convenience. Just combine ingredients and bake when you’re ready to serve. It will keep for 3+ days covered and refrigerated.
When you serve this cream cheese spinach dip with veggies, it’s keto friendly / low carb! I love serving these kinds of dips because it’s considerate of the dietary needs of your guests, yet virtually everyone loves it so it’s a win win.
What to Do WithLeftovers
Will you actually have any leftovers? That’s debatable! If you do, there are so many ways to enjoy this creamy spinach dip!
- Spread on a sandwich
- Make a gourmet grilled cheese
- Top a slider with it
- Make a gourmet burger
- Make a Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Make Stuffed Mushrooms
- Toss with homemade pasta
If you make this recipe, don’t forget to leave a 5 star review in the comments below! You can also share on social with #julieblanner or the “I made it” feature on Pinterest!
Originally published December 2013, updated December 30, 2019
Spinach Dip with Cream Cheese
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- ¼ cup mayo
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 9 ounces spinach steamable frozen
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ⅙ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- pepper fresh cracked
- ⅓ cup parmesan grated
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese grated
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Steam frozen spinach in the microwave according to package instructions and drain excess liquid.
- In a small bowl, warm cream cheese in the microwave for 1 minute to soften.
- Combine spinach, cream cheese, mayo, sour cream, onion flakes, garlic, red pepper, parmesan, shredded jack and stir well.
- Bake uncovered for 10 minutes, stir and serve.