10 easy updates for your home that you can do this weekend!
There’s nothing quite as rewarding as a quick fix! Instant gratification. Fortunately, there are so many updates you can make whether it’s 5 minutes, an hour or less than a day!
These are my favorite easy update that make a big impact with little effort. So many of them are inexpensive, too! Win win.
Before we renovated our kitchen we updated oak cabinets (without painting them) with the help of new hardware. At the cost of $100 and less than an hour it completely transformed our kitchen.
Update Outlets and Light Switch Plates
Through the years outlets and light switch plates can become discolored or mismatched. Updating them can make your home feel fresh! We replaced all of ours with architectural plates to make them feel more thoughtful, but even plain white plates will do! You can find more ideas on how to make an old home feel new here.
Update Your Floors
- Add a rug – this is the quickest and easiest fix! Choose a pet friendly rug, indoor outdoor rug, or a turkish rug. Even a stair runner can make a significant difference with less than an hour of effort!
- Peel and stick flooring – we used $1 peel and stick in our previous home and were able to complete our entire basement in an afternoon!
- Paint Concrete. Painted concrete can be really practical for a mudroom, laundry room or basement. Learn how to paint concrete for a durable finish.
- Paint Tile. Another easy, inexpensive and durable option you can knock out over a weekend! Learn how to paint tile and the best tile paint to use!
Add a Plant
The simple addition of integrating something organic into a room brings a space to life! It’s a pro tip that all designers and magazines use and now you can, too! These are 4 easy houseplants to maintain.
The right way! A friend once sent me a photograph and asked how she could improve her window. Her curtains made her window appear small and her ceiling appear low. You can get tips and trick to learn how to hang curtains the right way here!
It’s the new black and my favorite pass time! Print this decluttering checklist, pick a space and get started! Share a photo in our Facebook group Celebrating Simple for your chance to win a $50 gift card to treat yourself!
There’s no quicker fix than a fresh coat of paint. Some ideas include:
- Painting furniture. To get started you just need furniture paint and learn how to paint without sanding.
- Paint a room. You can find all of my favorite paint colors and tips here.
- Paint a floor. This is perfect for concrete basements! Learn how to paint a concrete floor here.
Organize a Space
Organization can blend function and design. Choose a space no matter how small or large and get started!
Purchase a piece or choose from one of these 17 Easy DIY Wall Decor Ideas and give your space a fresh new look!
What’s your favorite tip? Did I miss any quick fixes?