Find the best storage containers and supplies to organize every space of your home that blend design and function.
Storage doesn’t have to be purely functional… it can be fun and beautiful, too! Learn how to integrate pretty storage containers into your everyday home decor.
This post was originally published in 2019, and is continually updated with fresh content and links. Current update is December 26, 2021.
Did you hear? I’m kicking off a new series where you can get organized in 30 days! Sign up here to get started! I’m breaking it down into easy to achieve projects – many you can accomplish in 20 minutes or less.
I have a lot of fun new projects coming as I work to organize our home and prepare a fresh start for the new year. I’m kicking it off by sharing my favorite storage containers and organization supplies.
As a huge fan of home design where function meets form, this concept applies to our storage containers and all home organization ideas. I love when a pretty storage container can add streamlined function to our home, but is still pretty enough to sit in any corner!
Wrapping Paper Baskets
I store our wrapping paper in an oversized basket. I love that it makes it accessible beyond the holiday season. It’s nestled beautifully in the corner of our office. You can also use this method in the basement or craft room.
Wrapping Paper Boxes
Of course traditional gift wrap storage is great, too! This holds up to 24 standard wrapping paper rolls and stows under a bed or on a shelf!
I have a wall of wreaths hung in our basement so I can quickly shop our home and select a wreath. If you have the space, I highly recommend it! You can use your favorite hooks.
If not, this wreath storage is really inexpensive and keeps your wreaths dust free!
My secret weapon to storage and organization is a label maker! It’s simple, consistent, easy-to-read and often saves us from opening multiple boxes to find something.
It’s perfect for organizing Christmas decor, storage rooms, paint and so much more!
Baskets and Bins
A wide array of baskets offer storage, that looks beautiful, too! It’s a great way to hide unsightly items like dvds and batteries, but also things like blankets and laundry!
Decorative baskets not only add function to your home, but texture to a space as well!
- Stackable Wood Bins – great for pantries or play
- Wood Crate – great for kids
- Rattan Lidded Baskets – durable, easy to clean and stackable*
- Rattan Basket – durable, easy to clean, great for pantry*
- Woven Storage Basket – great for stuffed animals*
- Banana Basket – towel storage in bath or guest bedroom*
- Hyacinth Baskets – great for closets
- Umbrella Holder – beautiful entryway piece
- Coffee Table Tray
- Lidded Hyacinth Basket – great for closets*
- Bigso Linen Marten Storage Cubes – great for kids to keep school papers (learn more here)
- Brass Boxes – perfect for closets and tabletop like coffee and end tables
- Rattan and Glass Boxes – lovely for storing away items that you’d like to remain visible
- Lidded Seagrass Baskets – perfect for laundry storage in a bedroom or bathroom*
- Petite Laundry Basket – we use these at the lake cottage* (These also make great gift baskets, so inexpensive!)
- Laundry Basket
- Laundry Cart – so functional and cute, too
- Belly Basket – good for magazines*
These are great in bathrooms for kids’ hair ties, bobby-pins, brushes and more or in office drawers to organize pens, paperclips and tape.
Kitchen Organization Supplies
It’s one thing to hide your clutter, but you can’t hide everything! Some things need to be on display. But that doesn’t mean they can’t be pretty!
You can learn more about our kitchen organization here.
- Knife Organizer – great for drawer storage*
- Knife Block – keep them accessible*
- Drawer Organizer – best for small drawers*
- Expandable Drawer Organizer – fits most, great for utensils*
- Wood Lazy Susan – make the most of small cabinets (and they’re only $8.99!)*
- Crock (ivory) – great for cooking utensils or under the kitchen sink*
- Tray – round, great for bar
- Stoneware Tray – for kitchen accessories* (similar)
Using proper food storage can extend the shelf life of ingredients. It can also make it so much easier for you (and the family) to find exactly what you’re looking for.
- Spice Jars
- Glass Jars – great for storing baking necessities
- Canisters – airtight and clear
- Cereal and Pasta Containers
- Extract Bottles
- Glass Condiment Bottles
You can find all of our food storage including spice jars, canisters and more here.
Want your kids to keep their rooms picked up? Give them the tools to keep it organized. These are a few of our favorite things to organize their rooms.
You can learn how to organize or create a kids closet that will grow with them, too!
A few kids bedroom essentials include:
- Kids’ Jewelry Box – help them keep their treasures organized*
- Pin Board – keep important papers organized or displayed*
- Metal Lazy Suzan – for kids’ pencils, markers, glue sticks and scissors*
- Large Striped Fabric Bin – great for closets or playrooms*
- Wastebasket – easy disposal of tags, papers and more*
- Hamper – providing a hamper for their bedroom or bathroom prevents clothes from being strewn across the floor*
Eliminate stress getting ready by organizing your bathroom! Turn it into a zen zone using these storage supplies that maximize space and function. With these products you’ll know where to go to find your brushes and more.
These simple storage solutions will help you get ready in no time!
- Bamboo Trays – keep brushes, hair ties, floss and toothpaste in place with a series of trays that fit in your drawers*
- Plastic Bins – refrigerator bins with handles are perfect for storing straighteners, flat irons, blow dryers and more. They are also great for grouping extra shampoos, conditioners and body soaps together. They’re easy to pull out when needed.*
- Expandable Jewelry Storage Tray – fits your drawer like a glove!
- Expandable Drawer Organizer – I love the look and functionality of this one, and it gets excellent reviews.
- Clear Stackable Storage Bins – keep contents visible in bins that maximize storage space and keep items together and secure
Some of my favorite tools of the trade. These ideas maximize style, space and function!
- 3M hooks – maximize cabinet space* (learn how, in our baking pantry)
- Label Holders – beautiful way to label in closets and cabinets* (see how, in our linen closet)
- Wooden Hangers – consistent hangers make all the difference when organizing a closet*
- Cleaning Caddy – keep all your cleaning supplies together and handy to tote
Don’t forget to sign up for my free organization series to get your entire home organized in just 30 days!
Looking for something? Don’t hesitate to ask. I’m here to help with all of your storage solutions!