Get fun ideas for hosting your own Burger Bar at home because burgers are the ultimate hand held party food! Learn how to create your own Slider Bar featuring a variety of burger shop toppings!
Hosting a Burger Bar
Is there any food that is more All-American than burgers? We have mastered this delicious classic, and the variations are endless. That’s what makes a burger bar so fun! It’s so easy to entertain your guests for game day (or ANY day) with a burger bar.
They can choose their own toppings and create their own burger masterpiece – what could be better? It’s a great way to feed a crowd while accommodating preferences and allergies, without a lot of effort. (Psst… don’t miss this incredible gourmet burger topping combination for a way to seriously wow your guests!)
Hosting a burger bar is easy, and I’m going to show you how. It doesn’t have to be an elaborate set-up. In fact, I have a tendency to do the opposite of elaborate.
Throw some sliders into the oven (how-to post coming soon!) and get your toppings, cheeses and condiments all set up while they cook. It’s that easy! You can make this as simple or involved as you’d like – it’s totally up to you!
Your Favorite Burger Shop – At Home!
Think of it like your favorite burger shop – right at home! Every kind of topping your guests could want, right at their fingertips. How fun is that? Beyond the simplicity of this set up, I love any kind of entertaining solution where I can get my prep work done ahead of time. It leaves me plenty of opportunities to stay out of the kitchen and chat with our guests.
Setting up a burger shop works well on a kitchen island, buffet, bar or your dining room table! You can even set up a burger bar outside. All that matters is that you’re grouping your cheeses, condiments and toppings together so that guests can easily see their options.
Quick Tip: labeling your toppings, cheeses and condiments is not necessary, but it’s a fun addition for guests if you have time.
Setting Up Your Slider Bar
Now here’s the key to creating a burger bar that everyone will love: we’re making sliders! Sliders are just a miniature version of our favorite burgers. They are juicy, flavorful, and so easy to make at home, right in the oven!
Serving sliders instead of a traditional-size burger means that everyone will get to eat more than one! Guests can experiment to find their favorite toppings and flavor combos. I mean, who can argue with that? They are the PERFECT party food!
Quick tip: sliders are the perfect hand-held party food: small, delicious bites and people can enjoy more than one!
The Best Burger Bar Toppings
There are so many fun ways to let people create a variety of burgers they’ll enjoy. Think about your favorite burger toppings…and then expand from there! Lettuce, tomato and onion are just the beginning.
Of course you’ll want the classics, such as:
- lettuce – some people prefer crunchy iceburg lettuce, and others like a soft tender butter lettuce.
- tomato – especially in the summer, juicy tomato slices are a must.
- raw onion – red onions work well and add a little color. You can also caramelize onions for a real treat!
- pickles – get adventurous and find some fun flavors!
- bacon – is there any explanation necessary here? Without bacon, there’s no burger bar.
You should also consider a couple options that are more of a talking point. Of course, your guests are going to like a variety of things, so why not give them a chance to try something different?
- jalapenos – add a spicy kick to burgers!
- avocado slices – green, creamy and delicious, avocado is a delicious but memorable burger topping!
- fried eggs – don’t question this deliciousness. I promise you won’t regret it- and when combined with bacon? The ultimate!
- sauteed or roasted mushrooms – slice them thin and try this recipe.
- caramelized onions– oh my goodness, the perfect hint of sweet and savory.
- pineapple – because why not?
- peanut butter – trust me on this one. One of my favorite restaurants occasionally offers a PB&J burger and it’s beyond amazing!
Condiments for Burgers
- truffle aioli
- chipotle aioli
- pesto aioli
- spicy mustard
- barbeque sauce
- ranch dressing
- tomato jam
- onion jam
- bacon jam
- jalapeño dip
What’s the Best Cheese for Sliders?
Cheese deserves a category all to itself, doesn’t it? Here’s a tip that I’ve learned from experience: set your cheese closest to the platter of sliders.
Cheese should be the first topping to come directly in contact with the meat – that way it has a chance to melt as guests are choosing the rest of their toppings. If possible or only offering one type of cheese, add the cheese during the last couple minutes the sliders are in the oven. Mmmmm, I’m getting hungry just thinking about it!
- Caramlized Shallot Spread
- Boursin (recipe coming soon!)
- Pimento (if you’ve never had homemade pimento cheese, now’s the time!)
- Bacon Cheese Dip
- Queso Blanco
- Pub Cheese
- Blue Cheese
- Monterey Jack
Quick tip: If you’re not adding cheese for a couple minutes in the oven or grill, set it out closest to the platter of sliders so the cheese can melt when it’s added.
The Best Sides To Serve Burgers
- Bow Tie Pasta Salad
- Deviled Eggs
- Homemade Potato Salad
- Homemade Truffle Fries
- Healthy Sweet Potato Fries
- Cheesy Corn
- Cabbage Salad
What’s your favorite way to serve burgers at home? Are you a fan of sliders so that you can sneak in more than one? So good! If you try your own slider bar at home, I’d love to hear about it! Be sure to leave a comment or share in my Facebook group, Celebrating Simple.