Queso Blanco, a recipe for a restaurant-style white queso dip without a lot of effort. This creamy, cheesy Queso Blanco is made on the stovetop (or in a CrockPot) with just 4 ingredients; white cheese, heavy cream, jalapeño and tomato! It is an authentic Mexican recipe you can make time and time again – chips certainly required!
I have long
loved lived for Queso Blanco. I was such a picky eater growing up, white queso dip was my dinner at Mexican restaurants. While my tastes have grown, my love for this white queso dip hasn’t waned. This Tex Mex classic is the perfect prerequisite to tacos, taco salads, burritos and more!
Queso is my guilty pleasure. I cannot resist a dip! It’s so creamy and full of flavor.
Through the years, you have made my queso recipes incredibly popular by sharing them on Pinterest. Chevy’s Chili Con Queso, Bacon Cheddar Cheese Dip, and one of my all-time favorites, Creamy Spinach Dip!
Basically, I could live off of white cheese dip alone. Given that you’re reading along right now, I assume that you could, too! Well, you’re in luck. This is the easiest (and best!) queso dip recipe I have shared to date!
It takes less than 10 minutes to make this easy appetizer.
Queso Blanco Ingredients
Queso Blanco is made with just 4 ingredients!
- White American Cheese – found in the deli counter this cheese gives it it’s creamy consistency You can substitute Velveeta.
- Heavy Cream – makes this dip smooth and adds to the creaminess.
- Fresh Jalapeño – adds a little kick! You determine how spicy it is based on home much jalapeño you use.
- Fresh Tomato – adds color, flavor and texture.
This white queso dip is absolutely amazing made fresh. However, if you’re in a pinch, you can drain a can of Rotel and replace the fresh jalapeño and tomato.
You can make it as mild or as spicy as you’d like. If you want your dip to have a little heat, select jalapeños that have developed white lines, flecks or stretch marks. That’s indicative of an older pepper, which tends to be hotter.
A smooth jalapeño is younger and therefore milder.
How to Make Queso Blanco Dip on the Stovetop
- Dice ingredients.
- Melt cheese and cream over medium heat.
- Add jalapeños and tomatoes.
Tip: I always save a few diced jalapeños or green chiles and tomatoes to garnish. It makes a pretty presentation, perfect for entertaining.
If you prefer, you can even mix it up in a CrockPot or slow cooker.
How to Make White Queso Dip in a CrockPot or Slow Cooker
If you would prefer to make this easy white queso dip recipe in a mini CrockPot or slow cooker, simply place the cream and cheese in the bowl of your slow cooker and set it to LOW for 1-2 hours. When the white queso recipe is fully melted, stir it together and add the jalapeños and tomatoes.
Bonus: If you serve the queso blanco appetizer directly from your mini CrockPot or slow cooker, it will stay warm for hours! No need to reheat.
Tips for Smooth and Creamy White Queso Blanco:
- Don’t overheat the heavy cream. Keep the temperature to medium-low. As soon as your dip is smooth, remove it from the heat. Overheated cream will separate and become grainy.
- Use full-fat cream and cheese. This will give you an ultra-creamy consistency.
How to Store Queso Blanco
Store the white queso dip refrigerated in an air-tight container for up to 4 days. Gently reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop and add more milk, if needed, to thin the queso blanco dip. It is best fresh or refrigerated, not frozen.
What to Serve With Queso Blanco Dip
Queso cheese dip is typically served with tortilla chips. You can make it Keto friendly by serving it with celery, carrots, broccoli, bell pepper strips and more!
A Homemade Margarita to wash it all down would pair beautifully, too!
More Tex Mex Recipes
This white cheese sauce is also incredible when drizzled on oven-baked Chicken Nachos or smothering Baked Chicken! Can you imagine anything better? It’s one of the few ways I can get our girls to eat chicken, I highly recommend it!
If you make this easy white queso dip, please come back to comment and use my five-star rating system!
- 1/2 lb white American cheese cubed
- 1/2 c heavy cream
- 1/4 c tomato chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno chopped
- On the stovetop in a saucepan over medium-low heat, melt cheese and heavy cream until smooth. Or place in your mini CrockPot or slow cooker on LOW for 1-2 hours.
- Stir in tomato and jalapeno.