This Creamy Jalapeño Dip is an easy dip recipe to throw together and serve a crowd! It’s a stand out dip that’s perfect for parties, tailgates and will have everyone talking!
Most jalapeño cheese dips are made with panko breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese often referred to as a jalapeño popper dip or served cold. I don’t use either because I prefer that amazing creamy melt-in-your-mouth consistency. Nothing grainy here! It’s just that. A creamy dip that you can’t resist.
One bite and you’ll be addicted. Our friends beg for this dip…it’s one of those must make dishes when we’re going to a friend’s for New Year’s or hosting a casual get together at home.
You can mix this up from start to finish in about 5 minutes, plus bake time! How is that for easy? Make it ahead and bake it just before your guests arrive or pull it together at the last minute. Either way, it’s a quick and easy go to!
It’s an amazing spicy dip but the cheese and accompaniments help balance it. To reduce the heat, you can simply reduce the amount of chilies or jalapeño peppers you use, but trust me, you won’t want to. It has such a delicious kick!
See the recipe card below for details on how to make Creamy Jalapeño Dip. Enjoy!
As you know, I looooove cheese in all forms – especially a dip. It’s easy to serve at just about every gathering and guests always go wild. Game Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas – there isn’t a get together I wouldn’t serve this dip at! In fact, sometimes Friday is just enough of an “occasion” for this delicious dip. We often enjoy appetizers for family game night in lieu of a traditional dinner.
Jalapeño Dip Ingredients
- Cream Cheese – This ingredient is the base of the dip and single handedly makes this the creamiest ever!
- Mayonnaise – Mayonnaise is often used as a base for dips and helps maintain that creamy consistency. I like using olive oil mayonnaise for the best flavor.
- Monterey Jack Cheese – For the creamiest dip, use a block of cheese. It’s higher quality than shredded cheese and freshly shredding it prevents it from being dry. It’s worth the extra minute or two effort. You can substitute sharp cheddar cheese if you prefer but I love the color and flavor jack cheese provides.
- Chopped Green Chilies – Straight from the can! You’ll never notice the difference and they offer so much flavor.
- Diced Jalapeño Peppers – Canned jalapeños work perfect in this recipe and are soft and tender, perfect for dipping into.
- add a teaspoon of garlic powder or a tablespoon of minced garlic for a hint of garlic flavor
- fold in a can or 3 ears of corn (removed from the stalk) to turn it into a spicy corn dip!
What to Serve Jalapeño Dip With
- Tortilla Chips – This dip is traditionally served with tortilla chips. The salt balances the spicy flavor of the jalapeño dip.
- Corn Chips – Fritos are another great pairing for jalapeño cheese dip and make scooping easy!
- Butter Crackers – Elevate this beautiful dip by serving it with butter crackers. We love Toasteds. It turns the dip into a great spread.
- Fresh Vegetables – Broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, red peppers, yellow peppers, orange peppers, celery, anything goes! Serving it with veggies makes it a keto Jalapeño Dip!
More Ways to Enjoy Jalapeño Cheese Dip
Of course we can’t stop there! It’s just that good.
- Add this to a burger bar to smother on top of a juicy burger and take it over the top!
- Use it as a topping on baked potatoes, mashed potatoes or scalloped potatoes.
- Spread it on top of chicken breast or fish (like salmon) and bake.
- Use it as spread on bagels and breads.
- Slather this dip on top of your homemade burgers in the oven!
- Add a tablespoon to eggs for an amazing breakfast!
How to Make Jalapeño Dip
The only difficult thing about this dip is waiting for it to bake while it fills your home with an amazing aroma before enjoying. Seriously, it’s so irresistible!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mixer, or food processor beat cream cheese, mayonnaise, cheese, chilies, and peppers until smooth.
- Pour into baking dish and bake 20 minutes.
- Stir and serve. (Below is a photo just out of the oven before stirring.)
Optional: garnish with slices of fresh jalapeños.
More Easy Dip Recipes
If you love these easy jalapeño cheese dip, you’ll also love these easy dip recipes!
- Easy Sour Cream Dip
- Mexican Layer Dip
- Spinach Dip with Cream Cheese
- Irresistible Veggie Dip Recipe
- Caramelized Shallot Dip
- Bacon Cheese Dip
- Queso Blanco White Queso Dip
- Cream Cheese Bean Dip
- Amazing Corn Dip
- Velveeta Cheese Dip
- Baked Artichoke Dip
- Dill Dip
- Blue Cheese Dip
- Boursin Cheese
Creamy Jalapeño Dip
- Mixer or Food Processor
- 16 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 c mayonnaise
- 1 c monterey jack shredded
- 4 oz chopped green chilies
- 1/2 c jalapeños from a jar, drained and diced or 4 oz diced jalapeno peppers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mixer or food processor beat cream cheese, mayonnaise, cheese, chilies and peppers until blended.
- Pour into baking dish. Bake 20 minutes.
- Stir before serving.
- Tortilla Chips
- Corn Chips
- Butter Crackers
- Fresh Vegetables
- in scrambled eggs
- on top of burgers
- on a bagel
- whipped into potatoes