Truffle Fries are a fun and easy twist on french fries that are full of irresistible flavor! A drizzle of truffle oil and a sprinkling of Parmesan, parsley, and sea salt make these oven-baked fries absolutely heavenly! These gourmet fries are so good, you’ll make them again and again!
I’m so excited to update my Truffle Fries recipe! It was originally shared in 2010 using a Microsoft Word designed recipe card. I felt it was time we give this delicious recipe we frequently enjoy new life! We fell in love with Truffle Fries when we lived in Kansas City and they were served at the now-defunct Blanc. Since then, we’ve been serving them up as an easy appetizer or side dish!
What are Truffle Fries?
Truffle Fries are thin, hand-cut french fries with a hint of truffle oil often served with grated parmesan, parsley, and a bit of sea salt. They’re seriously addicting! And absolutely delicious!
What are Truffles?
Truffles, the mushroom variety, not to be confused with the chocolate confection, are premium mushrooms throughout France and Italy. They are super valuable, and a little pricey, because truffles are so rare and hard to find. But that’s what makes them so divine!
Truffle Fry Ingredients
- Potatoes – Russet or Yukon Gold potatoes work well, but you can use whatever you have on hand.
- Truffle Oil – Truffle oil is olive oil infused with real truffles for a subtle but delicious truffle flavor. Use a high-quality truffle oil for the best flavor. I tend to use white truffle oil that is made with white truffles for a subtle, garlicky flavor, but you can use black truffle oil if you prefer. Black truffle oil has a powerful, earthy aroma and flavor.
- If your local grocer doesn’t carry it, you can find truffle oil in specialty food stores, Whole Foods, Williams Sonoma and of course, Amazon.
- Parmesan – Fresh grated parmesan from a block is always my go to. Finely grated or shredded parmesan works best with fries.
- Sea Salt – Thick flakes of sea salt add amazing flavor to truffle fries. Use salt from a grinder, if possible.
- Parsley – Fresh parsley, to garnish. It adds so much color to this pretty appetizer or side dish.
How to Make Truffle Fries
Of course, you could pull out your deep fryer, but that’s a whole lot of fuss and mess you can easily avoid. Not to mention, baking your Truffle Fries prevents your home from smelling like grease and makes them so much healthier. Baked Truffle Fries are easy to make! They’re baked until slightly crisp and golden brown. To bake parmesan truffle fries simply:
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees.
- Clean potatoes – I leave the skin on, but you can peel it if you’d prefer.
- Using a sharp knife, cut potatoes into slices, then into thin equal strips so they bake evenly. You can also use a mandoline or potato slicer if you have one or make them often.
- Spray a baking sheet or line it with parchment paper. Line the sheet with a single layer of potatoes. If need be, use two baking sheets. Placing the potatoes in a single layer ensures even browning.
- Bake 15 minutes on the lower rack so they crisp up. Flip fries and bake an additional 10-15 minutes until they’re golden brown and to the desired crispness.
- Toss hot fries with a touch of truffle oil or drizzle on top of the baking sheet. A little goes a long way!
- Garnish with Parmesan, parsley and sea salt.
Simple. Delicious. Heavenly.
How to Garnish Gourmet Fries
These truffle fries are incredible on their own, but a little fresh cracked sea salt and freshly grated Parmesan take them over the top to make Parmesan truffle fries.
Freshly grated parmesan from a wedge offers better flavor than pre-grated parmesan. It’s worth the 30-second effort! If you want to add a little color, you can top them with fresh parsley as well.
Gourmet fries with Parmesan make an easy appetizer for game day and Super Bowl parties. They are also a great side dish for Burgers, Easy French Dip with Au Jus, Barefoot Contessa Marinated Steak, Ham and Cheese Sliders, Steak Sliders and more!
These oven-baked fries are amazing on their own, but I never resist an opportunity to dip! You’ll love these gourmet truffle fries with:
More Truffle Recipes You’ll Love:
Truffle Fries are a fun and easy twist on french fries that are full of irresistible flavor! A drizzle of truffle oil and a sprinkling of Parmesan, parsley, and sea salt make these oven-baked fries absolutely heavenly! These gourmet fries are so good, you'll make them again and again!
- 2 potatoes russet or yukon gold
- 1 tsp truffle oil
- 2 Tbsp parmesan freshly grated
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp chopped, fresh parsley
Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
Cut potatoes into slices and then into thin equal strips.
Optional: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Line baking sheet with a single layer of potatoes.
Bake 15 minutes on lowest rack. Flip.
Bake an additional 10-15 minutes until they reach the desired crispness.
Toss hot fries in truffle oil or drizzle over fries on the sheet pan.
Add fresh grated parmesan, parsley, and sea salt.
You can use black or white truffle oil - your preference.