A Vodka Mojito is a simple summer cocktail made with fresh mint, lime, simple syrup, soda water and vodka. This mojito recipe with vodka is the perfect poolside or patio sip.
It’s cocktail week and we’re celebrating with yet another fun variation of one of my favorite cocktails – the mojito! This time, we’re mixing it up and making this mojito recipe with vodka.
A Vodka Mojito is a delicious twist on the classic Mojito receta. It has the classic sweet mint and lime flavor and really shines with vodka. Vodka is a neutral spirit with very little flavor. It makes this cocktail even more refreshing on a hot summer day!
If rum is a bit too sweet for you, you’ll love this delicious twist! My friend Rachel got me hooked on these Vodka Mojitos.
It’s quick and easy and so much better than a mix! You can whip them up with just a few fresh ingredients found in your pantry, garden or grocer.
Vodka Mojito Ingredients
- Vodka – this spirit takes a back seat and allows the fresh flavors to shine.
- Limes – fresh limes add a lot of tangy citrus flavor.
- Fresh Mint – fresh mint adds flavor and an amazing fragrance to this cocktail. It grows in abundance, so you may want to add a pot on your patio to enjoy all summer long. However, you can also find it with herbs in the produce section of your grocer.
- Simple Syrup – store bought or homemade simple syrup adds a hint of sweet flavor to this cocktail! To make your own just allow equal parts sugar and water to dissolve in a pot over medium heat.
- Soda Water – club soda adds a little bubbly to this summer sip. You can also use sparkling water if you prefer.
Best Vodka for a Vodka Mojito
We’ve talked about the best rum for mojitos, but now it’s all about VODKA! Any vodka will do, but these are always great options for an incredible cocktail.
- Ketel One
- Grey Goose
If you want a Vodka Mojito that tastes like the classic made with rum, try Tito’s. It’s slightly sweeter – in fact, you’ll hardly notice the difference!
How to Make a Vodka Mojito
- In a highball glass, muddle mint and lime to release lime juice and oils.
- Add vodka.
- Fill glass to the brim with ice.
- Add simple syrup.
- Top off with soda water and stir (optional: use a cocktail shaker to mix).
- Garnish with mint sprigs.
This recipe is for a single serving, but of course you can make a pitcher of Mojitos with Vodka by scaling the ingredients. Taste testing always works, too!
Variations of a Mojito with Vodka
- Use your favorite flavor of vodka – some favorites include Deep Eddy Peach, Smirnoff Infusions Watermelon and Mint or anything citrus flavored.
- Add a fruit purée – strawberry and raspberry both lend themselves to this summer cocktail.
- Make it skinny – reduce calories without losing flavor by substituting Sprite Zero in lieu of simple syrup and club soda.
- 1/2 lime quartered
- 5 mint leaves
- ice filled to the brim of the glass
- 1.5 ounce vodka
- 2 tablespoon simple syrup
- 1/2 cup club soda or sparkling water to taste
- Muddle lime and mint in a mojito glass.
- Add vodka.
- Fill glass with ice.
- Add simple syrup.
- Top off with club soda.
- Stir and garnish with lime slice and mint sprig.