These juicy little mini sliders are the most delicious way to serve a crowd and cater to varying tastes. Sliders are such an easy dinner or entertaining option and they are so easy to bake right in the oven!
The best part about serving these easy sliders for dinner? Everyone can enjoy more than one!
It was time to update these amazing sliders I shared over 10 years ago. While the recipe hasn’t changed – the photography certainly has!
This is one of those classic party foods that will never go out of style. I love sliders, and I looooove burgers. Check out my hot ham and cheese sliders, and don’t miss my tips for the very best juicy burgers.
What are sliders? They’re mini burgers cooked tightly together to retain all the juicy flavors. They’re currently a food truck craze, but you can make an easy slider at home for dinner or multiply this recipe easily to serve a crowd!
In fact, mini sliders are one of my favorite go-to options for entertaining! Get all the details on how to serve a burger bar here.
They take just a few minutes hands-on time to whip up and are easy to serve! They’re perfect for just about any occasion from a summer get-together (Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day), tailgates, even New Year’s Eve. Any occasion is an excuse to enjoy these amazing miniature burgers loaded with your favorite toppings!
It’s a great way to accommodate a variety of diets, too! Offer lettuce for guests to make a low carb Keto-friendly wrap!
Ingredients in a Mini Slider
Angus Beef – Fat = Juice. I tend to use 93/7 lean ground beef but for the juiciest burgers, I recommend 80-85%.
Salt and Pepper – These simple seasonings add a lot of flavor. I use thick flakes fresh cracked peppered and sea salt. Don’t skimp on the salt and pepper- when you’re serving small portions, every bite counts!
Dijon Mustard – A hint of mustard gives these a spark of sharp, tangy flavor that can’t be beat! Even if you think you don’t like mustard- don’t leave it out. I promise you won’t regret it!
Worcestershire Sauce – A little hint packs a lot of deep flavor in sliders! The fermented flavor in this sauce is the ultimate tangy flavor enhancer.
Egg – This simple ingredient holds it all together! Because these burgers are so juicy, we need an egg to keep them from falling apart.
Cocktail Buns – Miniature buns make a mini slider which makes the perfect size! Optional: add melted butter on top and sprinkle on sesame seeds.
While traditionally sliders are made with American cheese, onions and pickles, the options are endless! Below are a few of our favorite mini slider toppings! You can even set up a Build Your Own Burger Bar!
- Pesto Aioli
- Homemade Mayonnaise
- Truffle Aioli
- Creamy Jalapeño Dip
- Bacon Jam
- Spinach Dip with Cream Cheese
- Boursin Cheese
- Caramelized Onions
Tips for Making the Juiciest Sliders
- The less you handle the beef, the better. Stirring and mushing it causes the proteins to break down which makes your little burgers less tender.
- Don’t add salt to your beef mixture until you make them into patties. Salt dissolves water and protein out of beef which makes them cling to each other, eliminating that tender texture. You can get the flavor while maintaining tenderness by adding the sea salt to formed patties just before baking.
- Lightly scoop slider mixture with a large cookie scoop to keep the size consistent.
- Adding cheese? Put it on at the last minute. The mini slider will melt it.
- You can make them in advance! To keep these easy sliders warm, just cover them with foil (on a clean baking sheet) in warm oven (225-250 degrees) for up to 30 minutes.
- Truffle Fries
- Healthy Sweet Potato Fries
- Homemade Potato Salad
- Baked Macaroni and Cheese
- Cabbage Salad
- Loaded Smashed Red Potatoes
- Easy Homemade Onion Rings Dipped In Beer Batter
What do you think- does your family love sliders as much as mine? There’s nothing better than enjoying more than one burger without any guilt! If you make these delicious little sliders at home, I’d love to hear from you! Please be sure to leave a comment and rate the recipe!
- Grilled Cheese on the Grill
- Gerber Sandwich
- Italian Focaccia Sandwich | 10 Minute Recipe
- Toasted Burger Buns
- Grilled Ham and Cheese
- Burger Patties
- 2 pounds 93% lean ground beef
- 1` teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 large egg
- 15 cocktail egg buns
- Set oven to broil with the oven rack positioned in the upper- 2/3 of the oven. Line a sheet pan with foil for easy clean-up.
- In a large mixing bowl bowl, combine ground beef beef, salt, pepper, mustard and egg.2 pounds 93% lean ground beef, 1` teaspoon sea salt, 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper, 1 tablespoon dijon mustard, 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce, 1 large egg
- Using your hands, gently form patties (or a rectangular sheet and slice after broiling) and place on sheet pan.
- Broil on high 5 minutes or internal temperature reaches 140℉.
- Place on buns or to keep warm, cover with foil and return to 250℉ oven for up to 30 minutes.
- This recipe is slider-sized burgers. For full-size, broil four minutes, flip and return to broiler for 3-4 minutes.
- Don’t overwork meat when combining and forming patties for the juiciest sliders.
Estimated nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed.