Today is the day! I’m kicking off fall baking week. Sure, it may just be to satisfy my own cravings, but I have a feeling you’ll enjoy them! Sometimes, embracing the flavors of the seasons simply means substituting a few ingredients in a favorite recipe. Gooey Butter cake happens to be one of ours! Every now & then, I love treating my husband to one. For fall, I mixed it up a bit, creating a pumpkin gooey butter cake. It’s yet another flavor you can find at Park Avenue Coffee in St. Louis. Still, some locals haven’t tried it. It’s a pumpkin lovers delight & an easy fall dessert you can prepare in under 10 minutes.
Notice the crust…I tend to make my gooey butter cakes a little differently. I create a slight wall along the edge of my baking dish with the first mixture, creating a crust that compliments the gooey interior!
Topped with a dash of cinnamon & sprinkled powdered sugar.
Now for the gooey details:
Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake
- 1/2 c butter softened
- 2 eggs
- golden butter recipe cake mix
- GOOEY CENTER
- 2 eggs
- 1 can pumpkin
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 4 Tbsp butter melted
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9x12 baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl/mixer, combine crust ingredients: butter, eggs & cake mix. Spoon into your dish & with a spatula, firmly press down into the base of the dish to create a thin crust & along the edges.
- Mix the second set of ingredients & pour into your crust. Garnish with powdered sugar & optional cinnamon.
- Bake 40 minutes & allow to cool before serving.
Stay tuned for more of my favorite fall baking recipes! Follow along on Bloglovin, Instagram & Pinterest or subscribe here to have posts delivered to your inbox! You can find this cake stand through my affiliate link here.