Today is the day! I’m kicking off fall baking week. Sure, it may just be to satisfy my own cravings, but I have a feeling you’ll enjoy them! Sometimes, embracing the flavors of the seasons simply means substituting a few ingredients in a favorite recipe. Gooey Butter cake happens to be one of ours! Every now & then, I love treating my husband to one. For fall, I mixed it up a bit, creating a pumpkin gooey butter cake. It’s yet another flavor you can find at Park Avenue Coffee in St. Louis. Still, some locals haven’t tried it. It’s a pumpkin lovers delight & an easy fall dessert you can prepare in under 10 minutes.
Notice the crust…I tend to make my gooey butter cakes a little differently. I create a slight wall along the edge of my baking dish with the first mixture, creating a crust that compliments the gooey interior!
Topped with a dash of cinnamon & sprinkled powdered sugar.
Now for the gooey details:
Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2 eggs
- golden butter recipe cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 can pumpkin
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pound powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9x12 baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl/mixer, combine crust ingredients: butter, eggs & cake mix. Spoon into your dish and with a spatula, firmly press down into the base of the dish to create a thin crust & along the edges.
- Mix the second set of ingredients & pour into your crust. Garnish with powdered sugar & optional cinnamon.
- Bake 40 minutes & allow to cool before serving.
- I like to create a slight wall along the edge of my baking dish with the first mixture, creating a crust that compliments the gooey interior!
- Adding the sprinkling of cinnamon at the end really creates the classic pumpkin flavor we crave. Nutmeg would also be delicious, or try my pumpkin pie spice mix!
Stay tuned for more of my favorite fall baking recipes! Follow along on Bloglovin, Instagram & Pinterest or subscribe here to have posts delivered to your inbox! You can find this cake stand through my affiliate link here.