Learn How to Make Pumpkin Pie Spice to keep on hand in your pantry. Why run to the store when you can make your own Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe blend!? Learn exactly what is in pumpkin pie spice and how to customize and store it.
Table of Contents
Making Your Own Spices
It’s everything pumpkin season and I couldn’t be more excited!
Pumpkin Pie Spice, also known as Pumpkin Spice, is a spice mix most often used in pumpkin pie. However, the options are endless! It’s an amazing addition to all of your favorite fall recipes!
We’ve all been there – you go to whip something up and realize you’re missing an ingredient. Have a recipe calling for Pumpkin Pie Spice? Have no fear!
You can mix up a fresh batch of Pumpkin Pie Spice in less than a minute with spices you already have in your spice cabinet! Not to mention, it’s far less expensive to make your own!
This spice blend is just as amazing as the store bought version. I’ve been mixing up my own spice blends for years and I’m excited to share so many new spice recipes with you including Allspice, Apple Pie Spice and Mulling Spices. Basically everything you ever wanted or dreamed of for fall!
It’s super easy to add to all of your fall baking! You can even sprinkle a little on top to garnish! It’s the prettiest accompaniment on top of whipped topping, coffees and hot chocolate.
Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice also makes a beautiful fall gift! Add a gift tag or include it in a basket with some of your favorite baked goods! I love these spice jars with chalkboard labels!
For full instructions and amounts, be sure to head to the printable recipe at the bottom of this post!
Each ingredient is more aromatic that another! They fill your home with the most wonderful aroma when baking!
What is in Pumpkin Pie Spice?
- Ground Cinnamon – soft, warm scent
- Ground Nutmeg – nutty with a woody accent
- Ground Ginger – warm, yet spicy
- Ground Cloves – known for their sweet and spicy scent
- Optional: Ground Allspice – the most pungent of all spices. It’s your choice whether or not to add it. Traditionally it’s not included, but it does make a lovely addition.
How to Make Pumpkin Pie Spice
You can get the easy recipe in the printable recipe card below. This is a “large” batch that will easily accommodate five+ baking recipe uses, however you can scale it if you wish! Use this Measurement Conversion Chart to make it easy!
- Combine – In a small bowl, combine spices using a spoon or add them directly to a jar and shake.
- Store – Store in an airtight container or spice jar for up to 2-3 years.
Tips For Storing Spices
To maximize the shelf life store spices in a cool, dark cabinet, away from direct heat or sunlight in an airtight container.
Looking for pretty jars to store your spice mixes? I love these pretty jars with gold lids!
Favorite Recipes With Pumpkin Spice
This fall spice is a great addition to so many fall recipes! You can substitute it in any recipe calling for cinnamon or nutmeg to spice it up!
- Incredible Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Cream Cheese Glaze
- Crazy Good Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Pumpkin Muffin Recipe
- Soft and Chewy Pumpkin Sugar Cookies
- Pumpkin Pound Cake
- Pumpkin Bars
- Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cookies
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
and of course, Pumpkin Pie!
How will you use your pumpkin pie spice? If you try this easy pumpkin pie spice recipe, please come back to share using my five star rating in the comments below! Not only do I appreciate it, but I know readers do, too!
For more easy recipes and simple living ideas, subscribe to my newsletter!
Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a small bowl or jar, combine ingredients. Shake or stir.
- Store in an airtight container or spice jar.