Perfectly sweet and airy, this Homemade Whipped Cream Recipe is so delicious. Get the steps to make Whipped Cream From Scratch, the best addition to desserts of all kinds! You just need 2 simple whipped cream ingredients to elevate your drink or dessert!
The Best Homemade Whipped Cream Recipe
I can find thousands of ways to use this this quick and easy recipe. In fact, just writing this post sends me off into a sweet daydream, wishing I had some on top of the strawberries I am snacking on. Scratch-made whipped cream is one of those essential recipes that everyone should have in their baking reportoire. It’s the perfect topping to so many desserts, and once you realize how simple it is to make, you’ll never go back to store bought whipped cream.
Whipped Cream Ingredients
There are 2 (or as I prefer, 3) whipped cream ingredients. With that in mind, it’s essential to buy quality ingredients. High quality vanilla or other extract is so important in this instance! I know it’s expensive but believe me it’s worth it for the additional flavor!
- heavy whipping cream
- powdered sugar
- optional: vanilla (or your favorite extract)
How To Make Whipped Cream From Scratch
Truly, it’s beyond simple. All you need is a mixer and a little patience. You’ll be rewarded with a delightful airy and sweet cream that will thrill your friends and family! It will elevate any dessert or drink you use it with. (You can also eat it right out of the bowl… not that I know anyone who’s ever done that!)
What To Serve Whipped Cream With
Oh, the options are endless and all SO delicious! Forget the cool whip, homemade whipped topping is where it’s at.
- Add it to your coffee and hot cocoa bar when entertaining or whenever you want that extra special touch.
- Serve on top of fruits and berries of all kinds.
- On top of pie… need I say more? It’s good on any kind, from classic pumpkin pie to fruit-based pies. (Try it on top of this chocolate pie, and thank me later!)
- Add a bit to the top of your ice cream and shakes.
- Try a little on your waffles or pancakes and you won’t regret it.
- Brownies! Have you ever made my peanut butter brownies? Oh my!
Tips To Achieve The Perfect Whipped Cream
- Use very cold heavy whipping cream.
- You can even freeze your mixing bowl and mixer attachments to add an extra chilled element.
- Don’t over-whip! It’s better to under-whip than over-whip.
- I prefer to wait until the last minute to make my whipped cream. You can prepare it in advance up to four hours and it will keep most of its volume. (Barefoot Contessa has a make-ahead version that uses corn syrup as a stabilizer – I’ve never made it but it’s an interesting concept!)
- Yes, you can freeze the leftovers! It works surprisingly well.
Homemade Whipped Cream Recipe
Perfectly sweet and airy, this Homemade Whipped Cream Recipe is so delicious. Get the steps to make Whipped Cream From Scratch, the best addition to desserts of all kinds! You just need 2 whipped cream ingredients to elevate your dessert!
- 1 c heavy cream
- 3/4 c powdered sugar
In a mixer or mixing bowl, beat heavy cream on low gradually increasing speed until stiff peaks form.
Gradually add powdered sugar. You can add more to taste if you prefer it sweeter.
Optional: add vanilla or your favorite extra for a hint of additional flavor