St. Louisan’s love all things gooey butter. There are bakeries that sell 40+ varieties of gooey butter cake. One of my mom and sister’s favorite cookies to make during the holidays was gooey butter cookies. I decided it was time to make them from scratch and add a little pumpkin and spice to create Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cookies for Fall Cookie Week. In case you missed it, yesterday I shared Oatmeal Brickle Cookies and Michael shared Carrot Cake Cookies. The week is only going to get better because we have 8 more recipes to share after today for a total of 12 new fall infused recipes!
These pumpkin gooey butter cookies are really easy to make. They’re thick, soft and have just the right touch of pumpkin. I’m actually not a huge pumpkin lover, but I couldn’t get enough of these, even the girls enjoyed them. If you like fall, you’ll love them, too!
Given that my mom always made gooey butter cookies, it was especially fun to make these pumpkin gooey butter cookies with my sister while sharing memories of our mom. Did I mention baking is good for the soul? I think we’ll make fall baking an annual sister activity and maybe even let three little sisters join us next year.
Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cookies
- Beat cream cheese, butter, pumpkin, sugars and vanilla until fluffy. Add egg until just combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and spices.
- Gradually incorporate dry mixture into wet mixture until just combined.
- Freeze dough for 1+ hours and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll dough into 1" balls and roll in powdered sugar.
- Bake 8-9 minutes, until just set, careful not to overbake.
Don’t forget to stop by Inspired by Charm for a Pumpkin Black and White Cookie recipe and say hi!
You can also find all of my favorite baking supplies here:
I look forward to seeing you tomorrow for two more recipes and a surprise!