Easy 4 ingredient Cream Cheese Glaze for pound cake, cinnamon rolls, bundt cake, pumpkin bread, donuts, carrot cake and more! This Cream Cheese Glaze looks as good as it tastes, pouring onto your favorite baked goods effortlessly and beautifully.
You’ve seen this Cream Cheese Glaze smothering a lot of my favorite baked goods over the years including Carrot Cake Bread, Cinnamon Rolls and more, but it’s so delicious you could eat it with a spoon, so I decided it deserves it’s own post to live in all it’s glory.
You’ll also see me smothering it over a few new recipes this fall like Pumpkin Pound Cake! It’s the perfect addition to any pound cake, coffee cake, bundt cake, donut or muffin.
Pinterest readers have enjoyed it on banana bread and apple crumb cake. You can pin this recipe for later here.
Cream Cheese Glaze Ingredients
This easy Cream Cheese Glaze recipe uses just 4 staple ingredients!
- Cream Cheese – Whole fat always works best. Softened to room temperature for a smooth, creamy texture.
- Butter – Salted or unsalted, your choice. Bring to room temperature.
- Extract – Homemade Vanilla Extract, store bought or the extract of your choice. Almond also tastes great!
- Powdered Sugar – Also known as confectioner’s sugar.
This sweet and creamy glaze has just a little tang to balance the flavor. It’s so good that the girls don’t even realize there’s cream cheese in it! In fact, they beg for it!
If someone doesn’t care for cream cheese, you can make some of my Cinnamon Roll Icing as well for guests to choose.
How to Make Cream Cheese Glaze
Continue for the full printable recipe. It’s so simple! Just combine, warm and pooooooouuuuuur over your favorite baked goods. It’s just that easy and so good!
- Combine ingredients until smooth.
- Warm on the stovetop on low or in the microwave until pourable.
As you can see this cream cheese glaze goes on so smooth and has the perfect drizzle that hardens to the touch, but not to the taste!
How to Store Cream Cheese Glaze:
If you have any leftover (the shame!) you can refrigerate covered and warm when needed. Do not freeze.
What Can this Cream Cheese Glaze be Used On?
- Pound Cake
- Cinnamon Rolls
- Cinnamon Roll Bread
- Brown Sugar Bundt Cake
- pumpkin bread
- Carrot Bread
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Easy Apple Cider Donut Holes
Cream Cheese Glaze
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 c butter softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 c powdered sugar
- Mix ingredients until smooth.
- Warm until pourable and allow to set before serving.