Despite the challenges of this year, there are always so many things to be grateful for. These “I Am Thankful for” place cards are a simple way to share with family and friends the things you’re grateful for this year.
These free printable thankful for cards make a beautiful place card and a thoughtful Thanksgiving activity.
For years I have been sharing our I Am Thankful For cards. Each year I mix up the style a little bit, but the sentiment and purpose is the same – to take a moment with family and friends to share what we’re thankful for.
A little card rests as each place setting serving as an activity guests can do while the hostess puts the finishing touches on Thanksgiving dinner.
When dinner concludes, each guest can read their card aloud. I collect them at the end of the evening so we can revisit them years later.
They’re truly a special way to take a moment and reflect on the year. They can also make a great ice breaker!
This year’s Thanksgiving celebrations will be like no other in our memories. Whether you’re hosting a traditional feast at home with friends and family, or you’re trying something new with a Virtual Thanksgiving celebration, I’ve got tips and tricks to help you celebrate.
I am Thankful For You
Since 2011, I’ve been sharing free printable I am thankful for cards – and that’s because I’m thankful for you, my fabulous friends and readers! I love sharing simple ways to make your entertaining easier.
I think this is also the ultimate season for gratitude. It’s so important to remind ourselves that while things might be hard, or stressful and sad, we can always find something good.
I’m rounding up my favorite printable gratitude cards today so you can print your favorites to use, and remind your family about all the things to be grateful for.
I Am Thankful cards are an annual tradition that results in so much laughter, and yes… and often tears.
While I often think we need thankful notebooks, miniature cards give us the opportunity to prioritize what is most important to us at the moment, or over a lifetime.
The simple act of practicing gratitude can be quite profound. It can have a positive impact on our daily mindset and it’s an important way to remind ourselves that while things can be difficult, we still have so much to be thankful for!
I’ve written about our journey towards a minimalist mindset and how to live a simple life. Both of those things are easier to accomplish with a little gratitude for the things we have on a daily basis, instead of worrying about the things we don’t.
It’s not always easy to remember to be grateful, especially on the really hard days. But it can make such a difference, and it’s especially important at Thanksgiving, the holiday where we focus on the simple act of gratitude!
“I don’t have to chase extraordinary moments to find happiness —it’s right in front of me if i’m paying attention and practicing gratitude.”Brené Brown
Creating a Gratitude List: Things to Be Grateful For
Need a few ideas or some inspiration for answering this card? These items can be fun, serious, hilarious, and sad. There’s nothing too deep or too shallow when it comes to making a gratitude list!
Here’s 40 ideas to get you started.
- Good Friends
- Good Health
- This Thanksgiving Meal
- Your Garden
- Your Yard – to host an outdoor movie.
- The Internet
- Funny Memes
- Warm Blankets
- Fulfilling Work
- Margaritas – yes, it’s true. Tequila, too.
- Water – for drinking, for swimming, for boating and more.
- Travel – one day we will do this again, right?
- Music – get my favorite Thanksgiving Playlist
- A Warm Bed
- Deliveries – food, packages… anything!
- Peace and Quiet – simply precious
- Fresh Flowers
- Hot Chocolate
- Spa Bathrooms
- Phones – to keep us in touch
- Art – get 20 of the Best DIY Art Ideas
- Fun at Home – get my list of Fun Things to do at Home
How to Make Thankful For Cards
- First, download the file of your choosing.
- Print at home using basic or textured card stock.
- Cut, fold and place at your Thanksgiving Table Setting for a gorgeous table accent.
Thankful for Card Tips
- Make sure to leave pens on the table so guests can write as you’re finishing dinner prep, or even while they wait between courses.
- Print extra cards so the kids can fill them out, or you can even use these printables as the cover of a notebook or gratitude journal for a small, treasured gift.
- Treat the cards as more of an icebreaker or a personalized gift. Have each guest write things they are grateful for about the guest beside them, instead of a general statement!
Thankful For Printables
There are five different cards from years past – feel free to download and use however you’d like! They are a simple little gift to the world, because I am grateful for you!
More Thanksgiving Inspiration
- Thanksgiving Flowers
- Thanksgiving Kids Table
- Fall Centerpieces
- Thanksgiving Cocktails
- Thanksgiving Recipes (Menu Planning)
- 20 Thanksgiving Table Settings
- Thanksgiving Playlist
- 20 Easy Hors d’oeuvres
- Thanksgiving Crossword