This Apple Cinnamon Bread is the most delicious taste of fall. With the flavors and warmth of sweet baked apples and cinnamon, it will fill your home with fragrance as it bakes!
Apple Cinnamon Bread
Have you been apple picking yet this year? If you’re like us, you have more apples than you know what to do with by mid-September.
I’m taking advantage of the flavors of fall and incorporating them into all of my recipes! This apple cinnamon bread is fragrant, moist and delicious.
Apple bread is an extra delicious quick bread, because the moisture from the apples bakes right into the loaf, creating a spongy texture you’ll crave! It’s swirled with delicious cinnamon and sugar for added fall flavor.
This apple cinnamon loaf is an easy made from scratch quick bread without yeast! It’s foolproof and takes just 10 minutes from mixer to oven – not to mention that it requires just pantry staple ingredients.
How is that for easy?
*I like to include a lot of details in my posts to cover any questions I receive from readers. If you’d like to scroll directly to the printable recipe, feel free to do so!
It yields six mini loaves, making it great for both indulging and gifting! It has a tender crumb and can be served for breakfast, snack or dessert! No judgement here!
It remains fresh for days making it perfect for entertaining as well. I love whipping up a few loaves before friends come to visit. It’s so amazing straight out of the oven but as I mentioned before, stays fresh for days!
It even doubles as potpourri. It’s so good we don’t even talk about the calories in Cinnamon Apple Bread.
Apple Bread Ingredients
This incredibly moist apple cake loaf is so simple to throw together. It requires just a few minutes of hands-on time, and the only thing not in your pantry is those pretty seasonal apples!
You’ll notice it’s a no yeast quick bread which means all the flavor without the fuss!
*For full measurements of ingredients, be sure to head to the printable recipe at the bottom of this post!
- Sugar – Yes, this is a sweet bread! Classic, granulated white sugar is all you need.
- Flour – I use a traditional flour for baking, and I prefer bleached flour for a little finer grain. (Side note- do you know the difference between bleached and unbleached flour? Interesting!)
- Baking Powder – all baked goods need a leavening agent. Be sure to check the dates on your baking powder- a good rule of them is to replace every three months!
- Salt – adding a little salt to balance the sweet is essential for baking.
- Eggs – That moist, fluffy quality we love in quick breads is thanks to quality eggs. All of my recipes call for large eggs.
- Milk – milk helps to retain moisture in this quick bread. You can use any type of milk- we generally have 2% in the fridge and it works well!
- Vegetable Oil – I prefer a basic vegetable oil for my quick breads so as not to alter the flavor.
- Cinnamon – it’s the ultimate yin to the yang of apples! Don’t skimp on ground cinnamon in this recipe! Sure you could make apple bread without cinnamon, if you prefer.
For the apple cinnamon loaf topping, you’ll need the following:
- Diced apple – you can use any kind of apple, but I love Granny Smith for baking. Here’s a great list of the best apples for baking!
- Cinnamon – again, don’t skimp on the cinnamon!
- Sugar – if some sugar is good, more sugar is better. Don’t quote me on that!
How to Make Apple Cinnamon Bread
- Combine dry ingredients.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine wet ingredients.
- Incorporate dry mixture into wet mixture until just combined.
- Pour into greased loaf pans.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar topping mixture onto the loaf to give your Sweet Bread that delicious, moist fall flavor.
- Bake! It’s SO easy!
No bread machine required! It’s as simple as mixing, baking and enjoying!
- Add a glaze – Make it an Apple Cinnamon Bread with Glaze! Add a glaze like my Basic Glaze Recipe or the glaze I use on Apple Pound Cake to turn this quick bread into the ultimate dessert! You can even drizzle it with a little Salted Caramel Sauce.
- Add walnuts or pecans!
- Add a little crumbly by combining cinnamon, brown sugar, flour and butter.
Make it Healthier
- Replace half the oil with unsweetened apple sauce.
- Eliminate the cinnamon sugar mixture on top.
Tips for Apple Bread
How to Store Apple Cinnamon Loaf
Apple Bread in a sealed plastic bag or covered in saran wrap at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Can I Freeze Apple Bread?
Absolutely! Freeze loaves or slices by wrapping them tightly in heavy foil or plastic wrap. Then place them in freezer bags (I like to do at least 2 to prevent freezer odors from seeping in), and freeze for up to 3 months.
Bring to room temperature on a countertop or allow to thaw overnight in the refrigerator. Slice and serve to enjoy. You can even warm it up to get that just out of the oven flavor!
Ideas for Gifting Apple Cinnamon Loaf
During the holidays, Michael’s offers miniature ceramic loaf pans for just $1. I always stock up on them in white to use throughout the year. They are more durable than paper loaf pans and make a beautiful gift.
To gift apple bread, you can use six miniature loaf pans when you make this apple cinnamon loaf.
This recipe yields six pretty little loaves, if you’re willing to share!
Once they cool, you can wrap with a ribbon or in cellophane.
It creates beautiful, easy-to-serve slices of apple loaf cake, every single time!
For more presentation ideas you can get your copy of my 10 Easy Sweet Bread Ebook here.
You can adapt this recipe to make larger loaves as well – just increase the baking time to 50-60 minutes using the toothpick test.
Are you loving the fall flavor of apple everything as much as we are? You need to check out my detailed apple baking guide– it’s full of tips, tricks and the BEST apple treats!
More Quick Bread Recipes
If you love this apple loaf cake recipe, you’ll love all my seasonal quick breads!
What’s your family’s favorite way to enjoy apple season? If you try this delicious apple bread, apple loaf cake or whatever you’d like to call it, I’d love to hear from you! Please come back and leave a review.
Thanks so much for joining me for fall baking, I always love hearing from you!
Need help with baking conversions? Check out my Essential Measurement Conversion Chart
Apple Cinnamon Bread Recipe
- 2 c sugar
- 4 c flour
- 2 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 2 c milk
- 2/3 c vegetable oil
- 1 large apple diced and peeled
- 2/3 c sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine sugar, flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Beat eggs, milk and oil until just combined.
- Gradually add dry mixture to wet until just moist.
- Add apple and cinnamon.
- Grease baking dishes and pour mixture an inch below to the top to compensate for rise.
- Combine cinnamon and sugar.
- Spoon topping onto each loaf and swirl in with a knife.
- Bake 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes clean.