Cilantro Aioli is the ultimate addition to your tacos, french fries, sandwiches and so much more! Easy to make and bursting with zesty flavor, you’ll soon be craving it with everything.
This cilantro lime aioli is perfect with your favorite Mexican foods and adding it to your favorite meats, veggies and burgers! Bonus? It’s low carb and fits in with a wide variety of lifestyle plans.
In my experiments with an incredible new variety of flavored homemade mayo and aioli recipes, I landed on this vibrant cilantro combination. There’s just something about that combo of fresh squeezed lime and zesty cilantro that keeps us coming back for more!
This cilantro lime aioli recipe is compatible with a variety of lifestyle plans. It’s going to light up your life with flavor if you’re trying to stick to a Keto, Paleo or Whole 30 diet.
Whether you’re counting calories or not, this is an aioli that will bring incredible flavor to a wide variety of your favorite dishes. It’s fresh, bold and dangerously addictive.
You can make it using homemade mayonnaise or store-bought – it’s completely up to you! Either way it’s full of fresh cilantro flavor!
Why You’ll Love It
- So easy to make
- Easy to customize
- Dairy free and great for Keto or Paleo diets
- Gluten free
Ingredients in Cilantro Aioli
- Mayonnaise – I love a high quality olive oil mayo, and you can use your favorite store brand here. However, if you want to go all out – make your own mayonnaise!
- Lime juice – fresh squeezed is best but you can use what you have on hand.
- Minced garlic – I love to grab the pre-minced garlic from the produce section. Of course you can feel free to mince your own for a high quality flavor!
- Ground cumin – This spice adds so much flavor and is used throughout the world. It’s also so good for you with tons of health benefits!
- Cilantro – Fresh cilantro is best here, the flavor will shine! No need to chop first, let the food processor do the work for you.
- Salt – to taste
- Lighten it Up – You can make cilantro aioli with greek yogurt! Simply substitute for mayonnaise.
- Add some spice – throw in a fresh chopped jalapeño for spicy flavor!
How to Make Cilantro Aioli
- Add all ingredients to the fitted bowl of your food processor. Puree in short increments until completely combined.
- Remove aioli mixture from the food processor to a bowl. Add a few cilantro leaves for garnish and serve.
Cilantro Lime Aioli Serving Suggestions
- Marinate – Make aioli a day in advance and keep covered in the fridge so flavors can marinate.
Scaling up, down or substituting? You’ll love this printable Measurement Conversion Chart!
- Use store-bought mayo!
- Use minced garlic or bottled lime juice from the produce section.
Although coriander and cilantro are from the same plant, they are not used interchangeably because of their completely different tastes and flavor profiles. Coriander is a seed, whereas cilantro is the leaf.
It’s a widely known fact that some people just can’t enjoy the taste of cilantro. If you’re one of those people, try using dill, parsley or tarragon in this recipe.
Yes! Mayonnaise is considered to be a healthy fat and fits in well with Keto and low carb lifestyle plans.
How to Store
- At Room Temperature – This cilantro aioli can be left out at room temperature for up to two hours while serving.
- Refrigerate – Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to one week.
If you love this aioli, you’ll love my incredible Chimichurri!
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
More Aioli Recipes
- Add all ingredients to the fitted bowl of your food processor. Purée in 15 second increments until completely combined.
- Remove aioli mixture from the food processor to a serving bowl. Add a few cilantro leaves for garnish and serve immediately.
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to one week.
- For a shortcut, use store-bought mayo and minced garlic or bottled lime juice from the produce section.
Estimated nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed.