It happened. At approximately 6am yesterday, it hit me – this move is happening. I was overcome with emotion, so the only logical thing to do was bake. For me, baking is therapeutic.
Even if I don’t indulge on the result, it calms me. But let’s be honest, I indulged. I nearly over-indulged! No complaints though, it’s those moments of stress where the best desserts are born. Marshmallow & peanut butter cookie cobbler!
For years, I’ve been baking a cookie at a time in a spice dish, ramekins or creme brûlée dishes. It gives a cookie cobbler like texture with a slightly gooey center & crunchy exterior. When topped with ice cream, it’s heavenly! This past year, I’ve seen several recipes for skillet cookies, but in my humble opinion, there’s no need to add another item to your cabinet. I often keep a little extra cookie dough in the freezer ready for such an occasion.
I started with my standard peanut butter cookie recipe & looked to my cabinet for add ins. Fortunately, we had marshmallows left from s’mores on the grill & some miniature Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. Served a la mode with homemade magic shell, it’s the ultimate dessert recipe!
More Peanut Butter Recipes
Marshmallow and Peanut Butter Cookie Cobbler
- Mix butter, peanut butter, sugars, vanilla & eggs well.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients. Incorporate into wet mixture.
- Refrigerate 1 hour, when possible.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease your oven safe baking dish. Press in a thin layer of cookie dough.
- Add marshmallows & peanut butter cups, sprinkle cookie dough & brown sugar on top.
- Bake 15 minutes. Serve warm.