This Peanut Butter Ice Cream recipe is incredibly creamy and made with just three ingredients in minutes. It’s the perfect dessert on its own but also pairs well with chocolate cakes, brownies and more!
If you’ve never made no-churn ice cream, today is the day. You won’t regret your decision, I promise!
First published January 22, 2016 and updated with fresh content April 12, 2021.
Confession! I am addicted to peanut butter. I could eat it for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert. Sometimes, I do. Now I have a new way to satisfy my peanut butter
crazings cravings – in ice cream!
Peanut Butter Ice Cream is the best of both worlds – it’s sweet and salty and oh so creamy!
This creamy Peanut Butter Ice Cream is always a crowd pleaser! You don’t need an ice cream maker to make this easy, creamy ice cream. This no egg yolks, no cook, no churn no fuss ice cream recipe will become a staple in your home!
Why You’ll Love this Recipe
- Perfect topping for so many desserts
- So easy to make with staple ingredients
- No ice cream maker required
- The easiest family fun
Peanut Butter Ice Cream Ingredients
Ice Cream is so simple to make. Most of my recipes, like this one, require just three ingredients!
- Heavy Cream – Heavy cream is the foundation for this recipe. It gives it an incredibly creamy consistency!
- Peanut Butter – Adds a salty flavor that is oh so craveable! I like to use creamy peanut butter, but you can use crunchy for a bit of texture if you prefer. For best results, avoid natural.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – Sweetened condensed milk is key to this no churn ice cream. It makes it delightfully sweet!
You’re just a few steps away from rich, creamy peanut buttery goodness!
How to Make Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- Whip – In a large bowl, whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Blend in sweetened condensed milk and peanut butter. Optional: fold in chocolate chips or peanut butter cups.
- Pour into loaf pan.
- Freeze 2+ hours or overnight – if you can wait that long! (4+ for full size loaf pan).
- Add peanut butter cups
- Chocolate chips
- Reese’s Pieces
- Add whole nuts
- Marshmallows or marshmallow cream
- Add chocolate fudge
- Add chocolate sauce
If you want to speed up the process, you can use an ice cream machine. I have an attachment for my stand mixer if we want a quick fix.
The creamy mixture is so good you can hardly resist licking it off the spoon!
Peanut Butter Ice Cream makes an incredible dessert al a carte, but it is also a great addition to some of my favorite dessert recipes.
- Try it with Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cobbler
- Add a dollop of Homemade Whipped Cream
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
- Chocolate Cake
- Homemade Brownies
- Make it into an ice cream sandwich between Homemade Oreos
- Peanut Butter Ice Cream pie using a Pretzel Crust
- You can even make it into an ice cream cake. The options are endless.
This Peanut Butter Ice Cream recipe has been so popular it’s been featured by numerous magazines online and PopSugar, too! One bite and you’ll know why!
- Use creamy peanut butter, not natural.
- Use very cold whipping cream for best results.
- Freeze this ice cream in a loaf pan or bowl.
- Too much? Just pour the mixture into miniature ceramic loaf pans (available at Michael’s for just $1). Enjoy one yourself and share the others with neighbors and friends.
How to Store
- Freeze covered in an airtight container or covered in plastic wrap up to two weeks.
More Easy Ice Cream Recipes
- Marshmallow Ice Cream
- Cinnamon Ice Cream
- Creamy Snow Ice Cream
- Cookie Butter Ice Cream
- Mascarpone Ice Cream
- Homemade Peach Ice Cream Recipe
- No Churn Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Cream Cheese Ice Cream
Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy cream cold
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk 1 can
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- In a mixing bowl, whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Blend in sweetened condensed milk and peanut butter.
- Pour into loaf pan.
- Freeze 2+ hours (4+ for full size loaf pan).
- chocolate chips
- peanut butter chips
- peanut butter cups
- Reese’s Pieces
- marshmallow or marshmallow cream
- chocolate fudge
- Use creamy or crunchy peanut butter, not natural.
- Store in an airtight container in the back of the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
Estimated nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed.