I had all intentions of sharing 5 new cookie recipes with you last week, but then life happened. It was a crazy week filled with emotion and exhaustion beginning with a disheartening phone call and a popped tire and ending with a flood in the kitchen, destroying our new hardwood floors and wall. I’ve found if anything can make me feel better, it’s decorating and baking, so there’s plenty of new pretty and delicious inspiration coming as we have made a little progress in our home, tried to regroup and organize and bake my heart out.
One of the few memories I have of my Grandma Bruck was her standing in the kitchen, smothering just about anything with butter. She kept a stick in a butter dish on the countertop for just such occasion. I was doomed from the beginning. I was raised on butter. I remember slathering club crackers with it and licking it right off. I love incorporating butter into just about everything, but there’s something magical that happens when butter mixes with brown sugar and toffee that I find irresistible. These butter toffee cookies are no exception. I top them with my signature ingredient – sea salt.
Like most of my cookie recipes, I’m going to ask that you refrigerate your dough for the best possible cookies, and just enjoy the dough while you’re patiently waiting to bake these babies. It’s always worth it. I do it for a few scoops of dough alone.
Table of Contents
Butter Toffee Cookies
- In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, combine butter, sugars, vanilla. Incorporate egg.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Gradually incorporate into wet mixture.
- Fold in toffee bits. Cover dough and refrigerate 2+ hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Make 1" dough balls and drop onto cookie sheet spread 3" apart.
- Top with sea salt and bake 8 minutes or until edges are just golden brown. Allow to cool 1 minute. Transfer from cookie sheet to wire baking rack to cool.
If you try any of my recipes during the holidays, I’d love to see. Just tag me on Instagram!