S’mores are a fan favorite – a delightfully gooey combination of chocolate, toasted marshmallows, and graham crackers. They are already perfect in their campfire version, but I’ve made them even more perfect in this S’mores Toffee recipe.
S’mores are fun to eat fireside, blended into a frozen custard, made into S’mores Pie, cookies, incorporated in cheesecake and brownies, and Hot Chocolate Bombs. Now, as a toffee, you have one way more way to get your s’mores fix.
S’mores Toffee is quick and easy to make, and you can make a whole pan of them to feed a crowd, even if that crowd is just your family! They’re simple enough that everyone will love them, but unique enough that everyone will be amazed.
This recipe is a little twist on my elementary school favorite – easy toffee made with saltines. And if you need more S’mores recipes, try my reader favorite Peanut Butter S’mores Pie, S’mores Cupcakes and learn how to make S’mores on the Grill.
S’mores Toffee bars have a caramel-y graham cracker base with the signature toffee crunch thanks to the addition of melted butter and brown sugar. The middle layer of chocolate is rich and creamy. The final touch of marshmallows toasted on top completes the decadent dessert.
These S’mores Toffee cookies are perfect for any party or potluck. It’s a good thing they’re fast and easy to make because you might want to make 2 pans because nobody can resist this dessert. But be sure to leave a few at home for you to enjoy!
S’mores Toffee Ingredients
- Graham Crackers – The crunchy base of the toffee
- Butter – Melt with brown sugar to create a caramel flavor on crackers
- Brown Sugar – The key ingredient to make toffee.
- Chocolate Chips – Use your favorite chocolate chips. Milk chocolate, semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips. You can use a bar or wafers as well.
- Marshmallows – Miniature to top off the toffee.
How to Make Toffee Bars
- Line – Line your favorite graham cracker in a cookie sheet.
- Make Toffee Mixture – Melt butter and brown sugar in a sauce pan, stirring continuously until it begins to boil.
- Layer – Slowly pour mixture over the graham crackers, spreading around with rubber spatula. It doesn’t need to be perfect.
- Bake – Bake at 350o for 3 minutes.
- Cover with Chocolate – Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over crackers. Let chocolate sit for 1 minute, then spread evenly with spatula.
- Cover with Marshmallows – Sprinkle with marshmallows.
- Toast – Bake in oven for 2 minutes, until marshmallows are lightly toasted.
- Set – Let cool on counter or in refrigerator.Cut in pieces and enjoy your s’mores toffee!
- Milk chocolate chips for a creamier chocolate
- Peanut butter cups instead of chocolate chips
- Caramel filled chocolates instead of chocolate chips
- Cinnamon graham crackers
- Nut of your choice sprinkled over the chocolate layer
How to Store S’mores Toffee
Store s’mores toffee in an airtight container on your counter for 2 to 3 days. The marshmallows and graham crackers will go stale if kept longer than that.
The crust will only be as good as your graham cracker, so use a quality cracker. Choose your favorite tasting graham cracker to get a flavor you will enjoy in your S’mores Toffee.
No, this recipe is so easy because you lay whole graham crackers on the bottom of the pan. This method also keeps your s’mores toffee sturdy for eating.
More Easy Desserts
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line cookie sheet with graham crackers.
- In a saucepan on medium, combine butter and brown sugar. Stir continuously. When it comes to a boil, slowly pour mixture over crackers and spread with a spatula. It doesn't have to be perfect!
- Bake 3 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips, allow a minute or two to melt, smoothing the chocolate with a spatula.
- Top with marshmallows and return to the oven for 2 minutes, or until slightly toasted.
- Allow the toffee to cool and set. You can refrigerate to speed the process and then cut into pieces.
Estimated nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed.