It’s so hot in Kansas City that this may not be necessary, but I’m sharing anyway! I think it’s possible to roast a marshmallow just by walking outside, but I’m not complaining. I love absolutely everything about summer. Growing up, we toasted like marshmallows in 100 degree heat, by the campfire just to make a great s’more. You can spare yourself from the heat & make s’mores on the grill. It eliminates the need for a building a fire & satisfies that summer sweet tooth.
The basics are all the same – graham crackers, chocolate & marshmallows. I prefer to use stacker marshmallows on the grill, but don’t judge if I double up, alright?
There’s another perk of making your s’mores on the grill – you can melt your chocolate! The gooier the better for me. I don’t mind the mess outdoors & never could understand the concept of hard chocolate on a graham cracker. I wouldn’t turn it away, but nothing beats smooth, melted chocolate.
- graham crackers
- Warm a side burner on your grill to medium.
- Place 1/2 of the graham crackers on the grill - away from direct heat.
- Add marshmallows & close lid for 3 minutes.
- Place the other half of the graham crackers on the grill, also away from the heat & add chocolate. Allow to warm for just a minute.
- Remove, sandwich & indulge!