Over the weekend, we had my high school friend Amanda, & her husband over for pizza. Yes, I order pizza. With the chaos of settling in, I still wanted to welcome our friends to our home, & enjoy a fun & relaxing evening in. Sometimes, that means that I don’t cook. That by no means means that I’m not baking! I tossed a quick salad, poured wine & made salted caramel chocolate chip cobbler. We could have just skipped the pizza! Knowing Amanda’s love for sweet & salty, I made my favorite salted caramel cookie dough the day before. It makes this dessert unbelievably easy to prepare while guests are there. Let’s skip to the recipe, shall we?
It all starts with great cookie dough…
sprinkled in brown sugar for extra measure…
topped with Rolos…
and a few cracks of salt…
baked & served a la mode!
Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cobbler
- Mix dry ingredients and set aside.
- In mixer/mixing bowl, whisk butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
- Blend dry ingredients in. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Chill dough for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease your oven safe baking dish. Crumble dough into dish.
- Sprinkle brown sugar & rolos on top. Crack salt on top.
- Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown - time will depend on the size of your dish. Serve warm.
* Reduce baking time with a smaller dish. I use large creme brûlée dishes.
Here’s the easy to pin image to save for a later date!