This delicious chocolate sauce recipe is made from just two ingredients and takes minutes to make. It’s the perfect topping for ice cream, and quite honestly, I can eat it by the spoonful! Get the secret to make the best chocolate sauce recipe you’ve ever tried!
One of the greatest perks of living in St. Louis is living near Ted Drewes Frozen Custard. Well, relatively. It’s an hour round trip drive, but it’s absolutely worth it! It’s also one of the greatest downfalls because it’s only an hour round trip drive.
One of my friends introduced me to Ted Drewes chocolate sauce back in high school. Since it’s the one constant in my order there. It turns out their secret chocolate sauce is really not a secret at all. It’s just 2 ingredients that make magic when blended together.
For years I wondered what in the world this sauce could be. Unlike chocolate syrup or fudge, it finds it’s way into each and every bite. I even have Chris addicted to it! I had my sister pick up some to go for Isla’s birthday party and noticed something familiar about the consistency.
A lightbulb went off and an experiment began. An experiment Chris couldn’t begin to understand. I had chocolate mixtures in various bowls in the kitchen in attempt to find the perfect match. Clearly, by today’s post, I did!
The secret is blending…marshmallow fluff and fudge! Separate they’re alright, but together, they’re incredible!
Secret Chocolate Sauce Ingredients
- Marshmallow Fluff – The secret ingredient! Marshmallow fluff gives this chocolate sauce an amazing texture and consistency. It’s perfectly smooth whilst remaining light and fluffy.
- Fudge Sauce – A rich fudge sauce adds the chocolate to this sauce and makes it perfectly sweet.
How To Make Chocolate Sauce
- Simply combine in a mixing bowl or mixer until thick and smooth!
Chocolate Sauce For Ice Cream – and More
This chocolate sauce is amazing on ice cream! It’s amazingly rich and mixes in with the ice cream as it melts…delicious! It’s great with a store bought ice cream, but try it with these delicious homemade flavors:
- Creamy Snow Ice Cream
- No Churn Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Cream Cheese Ice Cream
- Cake Batter Ice Cream
- Cookie Butter Ice Cream
- Peppermint Ice Cream Recipe
- Refrigerate – Covered in an airtight container up to one week. Bring to room temperature and stir before serving.
If you try this yummy secret chocolate sauce, please come back to share using my 5 star rating in the comments below! Not only do I appreciate it, but I know readers do, too!
Secret Chocolate Sauce
- 7 ounces marshmallow fluff
- 12 ounces fudge sauce
- Combine ingredients until smooth.
- Serve on top of ice cream.
- You can either blend the chocolate sauce on a low speed in a stand mixer or mix it by hand. Just ensure that the ingredients are really well combined.
- Once you have made the sauce, you can keep it covered in the fridge for up to a week. Give it a stir before serving and let it come up to room temperature.