To Make This Fleur De Sel Caramel Sauce, You Will Need:
- Brown sugar
- Heavy cream
- Fleur de sel: Or cracked salt
- Vanilla extract: Pure is preferable over imitation
How to Make This Caramel Syrup
It takes just a few minutes to make this salty caramel sauce
In a saucepan over medium-low, combine brown sugar, cream, butter & salt.
Whisk for 5 minutes as it thickens.
Add vanilla & continue to whisk for another minute. Remove from heat and allow to thicken before serving. Refrigerate to store.
How to Serve Fleur De Sel Caramel Sauce
What is Fleur de Sel?
How Do You Make Caramel Sauce Thicker?
How Long Does Fleur de Sel Caramel Sauce Keep?
This delicious sweet and salty sauce will keep for up to 2 weeks. Once it has fully cooled, transfer it to a clean and sealable glass gar and keep it refrigerated. It’s perfect to make ahead of time if you are planning a dinner party and great to keep in the fridge to effortlessly elevate a dessert.
Top Tips to Make This Caramel Sauce Recipe
- One of the keys to making this sauce so smooth is to warm all ingredients together slowly so that there isn’t a temperature gap (which encourages curdling).
- Continually whisk the sauce as it heats up.
- This easy salted caramel sauce keeps refrigerated for 2 weeks.
- The recipe is easily doubled to make a bigger batch.
For More Dessert Sauce Recipes:
- Secret Chocolate Sauce
- Raspberry Sauce Recipe (Raspberry Sauce For Cheesecake)
- Pinot & Strawberry Cheesecake & Dessert Topping
If you try this fleur de sel caramel sauce recipe, please come back to share using my 5 star rating in the comments below! Not only do I appreciate it, but I know readers do, too! For more easy recipes and simple living ideas, subscribe to my newsletter!
Fleur De Sel Caramel Sauce
- 1 c brown sugar packed
- 1/2 c heavy cream
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp fleur de sel or 8+ cracks of salt to taste
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a saucepan over medium-low, combine brown sugar, cream, butter & salt.
- Whisk for 5 minutes as it thickens.
- Add vanilla & continue to whisk for another minute. Remove from heat and allow to thicken before serving. Refrigerate to store.