Learn how to incorporate beautiful garden stools into your home – both indoors and out! These decorative ceramic stools can add a touch of garden charm to many areas of your home, and they make the perfect accent on patios, too.
Whether you’re dreaming of redesigning your outdoor living room, or you’re hoping to add a whimsical touch to any seating area indoors, these practical little pieces might be just the ticket!
Today, we’re chatting about how to use them and where to buy them – at any price point!
While I’m certainly not an interior designer, I do really enjoy the process of designing our homes! I love starting from a simple idea and building towards a space that I know our family will enjoy for years to come.
Taking inspiration from your favorite interior designers is one of the best ways to create those fabulous spaces! That’s how I first discovered my love for these sweet little ceramic garden stools that interior designers love to incorporate into a variety of spaces.
Adding charm with unique pieces like this is a great way to infuse personality into a room. Use my favorite method for how to design a room when you’re not an interior designer, and you’ll be off to a great start.
Today, we’re covering the many uses and styles of these sweet little ceramic stools, plus a round-up of sources! Use the drop down Table of Contents menu to navigate this post, and don’t forget to pin and save for later.
Table of Contents
These ceramic home decorating accessories are often incorporated as end tables, coffee tables, patio seating, and more. They add both charm and function, and the petite scale makes them one of our favorite pieces of multipurpose furniture!
While most classic decorative garden stools are made of ceramic, you can find them in other materials too. Think of materials like teak (or other woods that are safer for outdoor use) wicker and rattan, and even concrete or composite materials like resin.
There are so many fun uses for these cute little stools. Bring one into your home this summer for a garden-inspired touch of charm in any space!
Where to use Ceramic Stools
- Use in your outdoor living room, as a side table or coffee table.
- They make beautiful end tables in a living room.
- In a spa bathroom – they are perfect to hold towels and bath accessories.
- Shower seating (or to hold soaps and bottles)
- Use a pair under a console, sofa table or entry table.
- Add one as a plant stand.
- At the end of a bed, they make a great accent instead of a bench.
- As a coffee table – especially when paired or a set of three, depending on the scale of your space.
- Seating at a vanity or bedside desk.
- Add to a guest room for a flexible spot for books, drinks or seating.
- They work as a nightstand, too – read all about the perfect nightstand height, nightstand decorating and nightstand organization here.
- Blue and white chinoiserie is a classic look for garden stools! These patterns and color combination will never go out of style.
- Use a garden style as a chance to incorporate a pop of color. Much like my favorite pillow covers, these give you a chance to accent with seasonal color.
- Have a more modern home? Choose a modern style of stool, or mix it up with a more traditional piece for an eclectic feel.
Frequently Asked Questions
Use them as a side table between chairs or other seating, or as an accent table in bathrooms, entryways, patios and so much more!
You can – but of course be cautious of weight limits and quality! The ceramic is naturally water resistant and this makes a great, solid seat for your shower. When not used for seating, it can also hold shower and bath necessities.
Generally they will be anywhere from 16″ to 19″ tall.
White Garden Stools
$249.99 (As seen on our lower lake patio throughout this post- before we made it over with a full set of Serena and Lily Outdoor Furniture.)
$92.99 (as shown on our lake cottage vinyl deck)
Blue and White Ceramic Garden Stools
Colorful and Textural Options
$175 in an array of colors!
I’d love to hear from you! Are you a big fan of this charming look? How would you like to incorporate a garden stool into your home?
Join Our Community
Let’s keep in touch! Receive exclusive content, including never-seen-before photos, our favorite home decor DIYs and more!
Leave a Comment