Enjoy the flavors of the season with creamy Eggnog Ice Cream – a fun and festive Christmas dessert made with just six ingredients in five minutes! This is a no-churn ice cream recipe that’s perfect for the holidays.
Creamy, dreamy and full of holiday flavor, don’t skip this recipe!
Originally published November 2018 and updated November 2020.
Calling all eggnog fans – this is the treat for you! Now you can have thick, creamy egg nog in ice cream form! Eggnog Ice Cream is incredible on its own, but it’s amazing on cakes, cookies and pies, too! Top it off with eggnog whipped cream for a heavenly dessert!
You can purchase Eggnog Ice Cream in stores, but let’s be honest, nothing compares to this easy, creamy Eggnog Ice Cream recipe.
It’s rich and flavorful and comes together in just five minutes hands-on time. It freezes to creamy perfection in just a few hours without an ice cream machine!
That’s right, it’s a no fuss, no cook, no churn ice cream recipe that embraces the quintessential flavors of winter. Even better, it requires just a few simple ingredients!
This Eggnog Ice Cream recipe is the perfect way to use leftover eggnog. It is made with rich cream, eggnog, spices and sweetened condensed milk to create the most luxurious consistency!
The History Behind Eggnog
Eggnog is most often used as one word, it can be two words. Nog means “strong ale”, so it’s only right to blend in a little bourbon.
Eggnog is traditionally served in wood mugs called “noggins”. There’s so much history in the wintery drink and in my opinion it’s even better in ice cream form!
If you love all things eggnog, you’ll also love these Eggnog Cookies! They’re so good!
Eggnog Ice Cream Ingredients
- Heavy Cream – Also known as whipping cream. This is the key ingredient to make it luxuriously creamy and full of flavor!
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – Sweetens the ice cream while contributing to its creamy consistency.
- Eggnog – Homemade or store-bought eggnog. The richer the eggnog is, the richer the ice cream will be. Fat Free eggnog works as well, but will have an icier consistency and flavor.
- Spices – Ground cinnamon and ground nutmeg add quintessential eggnog flavor.
- Bourbon – Your favorite brand of bourbon. You can use whiskey or brandy if you prefer.
How to Make Eggnog Ice Cream
- Beat – Beat heavy cream until peaks form.
- Blend – Blend in sweetened condensed milk, eggnog, and spices.
- Add Bourbon – Add bourbon to taste (this is a no judgement zone).
- Freeze – Pour into loaf pan or any freezer safe dish and freeze until solid!
Save me a scoop! Try this incredible eggnog ice cream with any of the following desserts.
- Flourless Brownies
- Chocolate Pie
- Apple Crisp
- Peanut Butter Cake
- Pumpkin Pound Cake
- Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake
- Pumpkin Bundt Cake
The only thing you won’t like about this Eggnog Ice Cream Recipe is that you’ll want to sip it right there and then rather than wait a few hours for it to freeze, but I promise you, it’s worth the wait!
This Christmas, surprise your guests with homemade Eggnog Ice Cream – they’ll never know it only took you a few minutes to make!
You can make Eggnog Ice Cream alcohol free or spike it with a hint of bourbon, whiskey or rum! I use bourbon and it adds just a hint of irresistible flavor!
- Don’t have any alcohol on hand? Don’t fret! Did you know most grocery and liquor stores as well as gas stations have miniature flight sized bottles for about $1? They’re perfect for recipes like this! If you don’t see them, just ask. They’re often behind the guest service counter. It’s just the right size for a recipe like this!
- Limit alcohol to just three tablespoons. Alcohol doesn’t freeze so if you use too much you risk ice cream that won’t quite set up.
- Whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks have formed. You can use an electric whisk for this or do it by hand, but will take a bit longer.
- Allow enough time for the eggnog ice cream to freeze – it will take around four hours.
- Sprinkle cinnamon or nutmeg on top to garnish.
How to Store
Freeze – Store in an airtight container or covered with plastic wrap up to two weeks.
More Easy Homemade Ice Cream Recipes
- Peppermint Ice Cream
- Marshmallow Ice Cream Recipe
- Apple Butter Ice Cream
- Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- Chocolate Ice Cream
- Snow Ice Cream
- Pumpkin Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 10 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups eggnog full fat or fat free
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon ground
- ¾ teaspoon nutmeg ground
- 3 tablespoons bourbon up to / whiskey or brandy
- In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer fitted with the beater attachment, beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Blend in sweetened condensed milk, eggnog, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Add 1-3 tablespoons liquor (to taste).
- Pour into a 1 ½ pound loaf pan or any freezer safe dish and freeze until solid – about 4+ hours.
- Thaw 5 minutes to scoop and serve.
- Limit alcohol to just 3 tablespoons or less. Alcohol doesn’t freeze.
To StoreFreeze – Store in an airtight container or covered with plastic wrap up to 2 weeks.
Estimated nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed.