Creamy, dreamy Cookie Butter Ice Cream, made with just 3 ingredients in 5 minutes hands on time without special equipment! With just one lick, you’ll fall in love with Speculoos Ice Cream!
What is Cookie Butter?
What is Cookie Butter, you might ask? Well… it’s magical. That’s what it is. You have to try it to believe it. If you’ve never had cookie butter, get yourself to the grocery store as quickly as possible.
In all seriousness though, it’s a spread, much like peanut butter in consistency, made from crushed speculoos. Speculoos are spiced cookies, similar to gingerbread, with a shortbread-like buttery flavor.
When pulverized, magic happens… turning the cookies into a delightful spread. I’ve used cookie butter in a variety of recipes – you’ve got to try my Speculoos pie crust, cookie butter cheesecake, and cookie butter cake!
I can’t keep my spoon out of a jar of Speculoos Cookie Butter. It’s insane.
I love using it as a dip and incorporating it into desserts like these amazing no bake Cookie Butter Bars. After having Trader Joe’s Cookie Butter Ice Cream, I decided I could do it better – and did!
It’s blending in, rather than swirled in, to create the creamiest, dreamiest most flavorful Speculoos ice cream.
Why You’ll Love No Churn Cookie Butter Ice Cream
It comes together in just five minutes hands-on time and only three ingredients! You read that correctly – three ingredients.
It’s a no churn ice cream recipe that doesn’t require any special equipment like an ice cream maker or additional effort like a stove top.
That’s right, there’s no cooking involved in this recipe! Who has time for that? Just rich, creamy, dreamy Cookie Butter Ice Cream in minutes!
Any which way, I know you will love it, too! This Speculoos Ice Cream recipe is a slight adaptation from my famous Peanut Butter Ice Cream. If you thought that was creamy, wait until you get a lick of this!
Cookie Butter Ice Cream Ingredients
This easy Cookie Butter Ice Cream recipe requires just three ingredients.
- Heavy Cream – The base for no churn ice cream.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – The ingredient that takes it from cream to ice cream. Sweetened condensed milk helps create the creamy sweetness to crave!
- Cookie Butter – This spreadable butter is comprised of pulverized spiced shortbread cookies (usually called Biscoff in the States, or Speculoos in Europe) and adds amazing flavor to the ice cream. It’s available at most grocery stores and Trader Joe’s has their own version.
- Swirl in crushed speculoos
- Swirl in candy or chocolate chips for a little added crunch
Where to Buy Cookie Butter
You’ll find it under several names like Speculoos Cookie Butter and Biscoff Cookie Spread.
- Trader Joe’s
How to Make Cookie Butter Ice Cream
- In a mixing bowl, whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Pour into loaf pan.
- Freeze until solid.
- Don’t over beat. Whipped cream can go from smooth to a chunky, grainy texture quickly, so it’s important not to over whip the whipped cream.
- It will keep in an airtight container like this ice cream container in the back of the freezer for 2 weeks or until crystallization forms. I also add a layer of plastic wrap directly on top of the ice cream (before adding a plastic lid). I don’t worry much about storing it for long, because the truth is- it won’t last long in our house!
Now there’s two ways you can do this – you can swirl it in or blend it all together. Guess which one I’m in favor of? Cookie butter in every bite!
My sister’s comment? “This is ridiculous.” We couldn’t keep our hands off of it – and that was before it was in frozen form. You just may want to make a double batch. Or don’t. It you don’t want to devour the entire batch, have a share plan because it’s truly addicting!
What’s your family’s favorite ice cream flavor? We love them all. I can’t wait to hear what you think of this one! Please come back and leave a five star review or Pin on Pinterest.
More No Churn Ice Cream Recipes
If you haven’t noticed, we love ice cream. Through the years I’ve shared a number of amazing no-churn ice cream recipes, including the following:
- Chocolate Chip
- Mascarpone Ice Cream
- Cream Cheese
- Cinnamon Ice Cream
- Bubble Gum
- Egg Nog
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 14 ounces cookie butter
- In a mixing bowl, whip heavy cream gradually increasing speed until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in sweetened condensed milk and cookie butter until just combined. Do not over beat.
- Pour into loaf pan. Freeze until solid.
Estimated nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed.