Rich and creamy Cream Cheese Ice Cream is like an amazing slice of decadent cheesecake, in ice cream form!
Cream Cheese Ice Cream
Cream cheese adds rich, tangy flavor and makes ice cream luxuriously creamy, smooth and dense. It’s amazing on it’s own, but so versatile! The options are endless.
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Heavy Cream – Heavy cream is also known as whipping cream. Whipped cream creates the light and airy base.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – Sweetened condensed milk is my favorite sweetener for no churn ice cream.
- Cream Cheese – Cream cheese adds rich, creamy flavor with a hint of tang, while balancing the sweetness. Bring to room temperature for the best consistency. In a rush? learn how to soften cream cheese quickly. Full fat is preferred for best results, but you can substitute light cream cheese.
- Vanilla – Pure vanilla extract (or vanilla bean) adds a touch of flavor.
- Add Fruits – Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries pair well.
- Add Jams – Swirl your favorite jam (or lemon curd) in the mixture just before freezing.
- Substitute Vanilla – In lieu of vanilla, use lemon or orange extract for a frozen Lemon Cheesecake or Orange Cheesecake!
- Add Graham Cracker Crumbs – Fold in crumbs for frozen cheesecake flavor. Even better, add fruits and graham crackers to make blueberry or Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream.
- Create the Base – In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, beat heavy cream, gradually increasing speed, until stiff peaks form.
- Make Ice Cream – Blend in sweetened condensed milk, softened cream cheese and vanilla until smooth.
- Freeze – Pour mixture into a loaf pan or airtight container. Freeze until solid.
- Freeze mixing bowl before whipping the cream.
- Cream Cheese Ice Cream Pie – Fill a graham cracker crust with mixture and freeze until solid.
- Ice Cream Sandwiches – Spread frozen ice cream between two of your favorite cookies.
- Toppings – Top with Strawberry Sauce, Raspberry Sauce, Chocolate Sauce, Salted Caramel Sauce or Candied Nuts.
- A la Mode – Serve on Peanut Butter Brownies, Decadent Flourless Brownies, Molten Lava Cake or Pound Cake.
How to Store
Freeze – Store in an airtight container (ice cream container) in the back of the freezer for up to 2 weeks or until crystallization forms.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you love cheesecake, yes! It adds amazing flavor and texture, resulting in a denser, creamier ice cream.
Cream cheese balances the sweetness of ice cream and traps more air in the whipping process, making it more dense than traditional ice cream. It also prevents water from separating from the cream, making it creamier and less prone to ice crystals in the freezer.
Cream Cheese Ice Cream
- In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer with the beater attachment, whip heavy cream, gradually increasing speed, until stiff peaks form.
- Blend in sweetened condensed milk, softened cream cheese and vanilla until smooth. Pour into loaf pan or airtight container.
- Freeze until solid.
Estimated nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed.