This homemade, no churn chocolate chip ice cream is made in just 5 minutes with 4 simple ingredients. Deliciously creamy and made without a machine, this quick ice cream recipe is the perfect easy frozen dessert.
I love homemade ice cream, but I don’t always have the time to tend to it when making it. That’s where this awesome recipe comes in! In just 5 minutes, you will have made your own ice cream, all you have to do is wait for it to freeze!
I can not tell you too many times how easy this recipe is! Because there are no eggs in this, you don’t need a machine and hours to make it. This is the perfect recipe to go to when you have guest later in the day – they will be so impressed that you are serving them your own homemade ice cream!
You only need four ingredients to make this creamy homemade ice cream!
No Churn Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Ingredients
- Heavy Cream – Make sure it’s cold before whipping it.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – Makes this ice cream delightfully sweet and so simple!
- Vanilla – Pure vanilla extract adds a hint of flavor.
- Chocolate Chips – Milk chocolate, dark chocolate or semi-sweet (my go to) chocolate chips can be used!
How to Make Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Whip – In a mixing bowl, whip the heavy cream until it forms stiff peaks.
- Combine – Blend in the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and stir in the chocolate chips.
- Freeze – Pour into a loaf pan, sprinkle some chips on top and freeze until solid.
What to Serve With Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
This ice cream is so perfect and creamy, you can easily eat it on it’s own in a bowl (or straight out of the tin!). It also works alongside so many other desserts. Try it with:
- Decadent Flourless Brownies
- Caramel Apple Tart Recipe
- Chocolate Chip Pound Cake
- Easy Chocolate Pie Recipe with Pretzel Crust
How Long Does The Ice Cream Take to Freeze?
It will take around two hours for the ice cream to freeze to a soft scoop texture, and three to four if you prefer it more solid. This ice cream is scoop-able straight from the loaf tin, but you can also line the tin with plastic wrap to remove it in one piece and then serve it sliced.
- Make sure the heavy cream is cold before you whip it.
- Line the loaf tin with plastic wrap if you wish to remove the whole block rather than scoop it.
- After two hours of freezing, the ice cream will be at a soft serve consistency, freeze it longer if you prefer it to be more solid.
Freeze covered in an airtight container or covered in plastic wrap up to two weeks.
More Easy Ice Cream Recipes
- Cookie Butter Ice Cream
- Cream Cheese Ice Cream
- Lemon Ice Cream Recipe (No-Churn Lemon Ice Cream)
- Egg Nog Ice Cream
- Classic Bubble Gum Ice Cream
If you try this no churn chocolate chip ice cream recipe, please come back to share using my 5 star rating in the comments below! Not only do I appreciate it, but I know readers do, too! For more easy recipes and simple living ideas, subscribe to my newsletter!
No Churn Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy cream (cold)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate chips (I used an 11.5 oz bag of milk chocolate chips)
- In a mixing bowl, whip the heavy cream until it forms stiff peaks
- Blend in the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into a loaf pan, sprinkle some chips on top and freeze until solid.
- Use cold cream
- Store in an airtight container up to 2 weeks or covered in plastic wrap
- Use your favorite chocolate chips or chunks