I’m not sure if I should actually call these homemade Oreos, because I think they’re so much better! They’re made-from-scratch with staple ingredients & have just the right crunch. They’re similar to the original in that it’s velvety cream sandwiched between two chocolate cookies & you can’t stop at just one.
There are a couple of tips to make sandwich cookies without a lot of effort:
- Roll out dough onto a parchment paper lined cookie to minimize cleanup.
- Cut cookies directly on the cookie sheet to eliminate the need to transfer cookies. After you cut out the dough, just peel away the excess & bake!
- Spread the cream frosting directly on the cookies or pipe it on by cutting the tip off of a sandwich bag, filling it with icing & squeezing it directly onto the cookie.
You’ll also love these Red Velvet Sandwich Cookies – especially for Valentine’s Day!
- Combine butter, sugar & vanilla. Add egg.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Gradually add into the butter mixture.
- Wrap the dough in saran wrap & refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Meanwhile, combine filling ingredients & mix until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll out dough & cut with cookie cutters, peeling away excess dough.
- Bake 6 minutes & allow to cool.
- Spread filling onto cookies & press to create sandwiches.
This post is sponsored by La Crema Wines; however, all ideas & opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting the sponsors that enable me to bring you fresh creative content!