Thick, chewy and delicious Peanut Butter Cookie Cake is a sweet and salty dream come true. Calling all peanut butter lovers, this quick and easy cake is for you!
This peanut butter cookie cake comes together quickly with mostly pantry ingredients, and it’s so decadent it’s hard to stop at just one slice.
Not only is the consistency great, making each bite like the center of a cookie, but it’s a time saver, too! Since you’re not dropping cookies on multiple cookie sheets, a cookie cake can achieve incredible cookie flavor in much less time.
Cookie cakes are so magical because they are nostalgic and remind us of our childhoods. The love runs deep, and I’m so thrilled to pass this joy along to our kids, too!
I’ve got a cookie cake for every occasion and preference! Don’t miss my Frosted Sugar Cookie Cake, Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake, Funfetti Cookie Cake, Thick and Chewy M&M Cake, and this Incredible Sugar Cookie Cake Recipe.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I receive a small commission at no cost to you!
There’s so much to love about this incredible peanut butter cookie cake! Won’t you join me in the fun?
Table of Contents
Why You’ll Love this Peanut Butter Cookie Cake
It’s full of sweet and salty flavor and made with staple ingredients. It’s so incredible, words just can’t describe it!
- Perfect peanut butter flavor.
- Comes together in minutes.
- Delicious with a variety of toppings, add-ons and enhancements, or all on its own.
- Pantry ingredients – if you’ve got butter and eggs you’re golden!
Peanut Butter Cookie Cake Ingredients
- Peanut Butter – Creamy or crunchy, your preference. However, don’t use natural. It doesn’t bake well.
- Butter – Salted or unsalted, your preference. If using salted, eliminate salt in the recipe. Soften butter for best results.
- Sugar – White granulated sugar to sweeten.
- Brown Sugar – Brown sugar caramelizes and gives cookie cakes their golden color.
- Vanilla Extract – Just a hint of pure vanilla extract adds amazing flavor.
- Eggs – To Bind ingredients together.
- All Purpose Flour – No need to sift.
- Baking Powder – One of two leavening agents.
- Baking Soda – One of two leavening agents to give this cake a beautiful rise.
- Salt – Omit salt in the recipe if using salted butter. Add thick flakes of salt from a grinder to garnish take this easy cake over the top.
- Add Candies – Fold in Reese’s Pieces, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups or M&M’s.
- Fold in Chocolate Chips – Add milk or dark chocolate chips.
- Fold in Nuts – Add a half cup of peanuts, candied walnuts or pecans.
- Stuff It – Press half the dough into your dish, add a layer of full-sized peanut butter cups and top with more dough.
- Ice It – Add frosting on top and decorate it for any occasion.
- Make Criss Cross Marks – In traditional peanut butter cookie style, you can use a fork to make criss cross marks across the cake!
How to Make Peanut Butter Cake
- Prep – Preheat oven and grease baking dish (see below for recommendations).
- Cream – Cream peanut butter, butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Incorporate egg and vanilla.
- Combine – Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together and gradually blend into wet mixture.
- Bake – Press dough into baking dish, garnish with thick flakes of salt and bake. See baking notes below.
- Serve A la Mode – Add a scoop of vanilla, chocolate or peanut butter ice cream.
- Drizzle with chocolate sauce
- Add a dollop of whipped cream
- Baking Dish – You can bake in a pizza pan, 9×13 baking dish, tart dish or two pie dishes. Depending on your dish you may not use all your dough. You can make excess in a smaller dish or into cookies. Bake time will vary based on dish used.
- Don’t Over Bake – Err on the side of being slightly under-baked. It yields the best texture. When the edges turn golden brown, it is done.
- Prevent Edges from Over Baking – if you don’t want the edges to rise more than the center, simply don’t press dough all the way to the edges. It will spread. This allows the cookie cake to bake evenly.
- Salt – This Peanut Butter Cookie Cake is especially delicious with a few cracks of sea salt on top served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. In fact, that’s the secret to my incredible peanut butter cookie recipe… sea salt. If you’re a fan of sweet and salty, you can’t miss this step, it’s a game changer!
How to Store
- Room Temperature – Store covered in plastic wrap up to 5 days.
Peanut Butter Cookie Cake
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, cream butter, peanut butter, and sugars 3 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs until just combined.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Gradually blend into wet mixture.
- Press dough into greased baking dish.
- Bake 20 minutes or until desired doneness.