The best no churn creamy chocolate ice cream recipe, made in minutes with jus 3 ingredients! This ice cream comes together so quickly and is the ultimate summer treat that tastes better than store bought. Indulgent, flavorful and just really really good! You won’t regret making this one!
I want to start by apologizing. Over the weekend, the girls requested chocolate ice cream. I wondered what would happen if I added cocoa powder to my 2 ingredient vanilla ice cream recipe and was worried it would be too granulated or flat. I couldn’t have been more wrong. Once I took a bit of the creamy chocolate ice cream mixture, I knew I had to share it with you.
So if you’re like me and trying to watch your calories as summer quickly approaches, my apologies, but this chocolate ice cream recipe is worth indulging.
I honestly can’t in good faith ever buy ice cream again. It just doesn’t compare and is the same cost and just 5 minutes of “effort”. After I returned home last night, I found myself standing at the freezer with a spoon eating it directly out of the loaf pan, convincing myself “just one more bite.”
Seriously, this is the creamiest recipe ever…I’d share, IF there was a drop left! It’s perfectly scoop-able right from the freezer and it’s hard to stop once you have started! It’s perfect by itself but I also love to top it with Raspberry or Fleur De Sel Caramel Sauce.
Chocolate Ice Cream Ingredients
- Heavy Cream – Heavy cream whips really well and will hold it’s shape for longer than other creams, so it’s best not to substitute this. If you are in a pinch you can use heavy whipping cream.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – Condensed milk adds sweetness to the ice cream and it also softens it to allow for easy scooping. To make your ice cream less sweet you can use low fat or fat free.
- Cocoa Powder – Use unsweetened cocoa powder as you will get enough sweetness from the condensed milk. Use your favorite brand for that rich chocolate flavor.
How To Make This Easy Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe
Whip – In a mixing bowl, whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
Blend in sweetened condensed milk and cocoa powder.
Freeze – Pour into loaf pan and freeze until solid.
- It’s easiest to make this no churn ice cream with a stand mixer, but you can do it by hand if you don’t have one. It will take a little longer, but the results will be the same.
- Be sure top whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. This will trap air and help the ice cream to hold it’s shape when it freezes.
- Be sure to mix the ingredients together really well so that everything is well combined with no lumps of cocoa powder.
How Long Does Homemade Ice Cream Keep?
This chocolate ice cream disappeared pretty quickly, but it will keep well in the freezer for up to two weeks. Cover the loaf tin with plastic wrap or place in a freezer bag so that ice crystals don’t form.
Ice Cream Made With Condensed Milk
A friend of mine mentioned she doesn’t care for ice cream that uses sweetened condensed milk. I almost want to do a blind taste test, because unless you make it yourself, you’d never know! This homemade chocolate ice cream with sweetened condensed milk tastes better than any store bought chocolate ice cream I’ve had!
More Easy Ice Cream Recipes
- Cake Batter Ice Cream Recipe
- Homemade Peach Ice Cream Recipe
- Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- 3 Ingredient Creamy Marshmallow Ice Cream
- No Churn Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Creamy Snow Ice Cream
- Cookie Butter Ice Cream
If you try this yummy chocolate ice cream recipe, please come back to share using my 5 star rating in the comments below! Not only do I appreciate it, but I know readers do, too!
3 Ingredient Creamy Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe
- In a mixing bowl, whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Blend in sweetened condensed milk and cocoa powder.
- Pour into loaf pan and freeze until solid.
- Be sure top whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. This will trap air and help the ice cream to hold it's shape when it freezes.
- Freeze covered up to 2 weeks.