Incredible Pumpkin Muffin Recipe filled with fall flavor that melts in your mouth. These easy pumpkin muffins will have your guests begging for more – and for the recipe! Pumpkin spice muffins are the perfect fall treat for breakfast or dessert. They’re a great addition to any holiday gathering or fall festivity.
I blended my favorite pumpkin cupcake recipe with our family favorite, Meltaway Cinnamon Sugar Muffins to create incredible melt in your mouth easy pumpkin muffins.
I’m not even kidding, these pumpkin spice muffins are so magical, they do a disappearing act. Before I can finish filling a second platter or serving our family of 5, they’re begging for seconds.
These Easy Pumpkin Muffins are made with pumpkin puree and spices, baked and then dipped in butter, sugar and spices. Butter makes everything better and makes these simply melt in your mouth!
Cinnamon spice and everything nice that’s what pumpkin spice muffins are made of. A blend of cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg will warm your soul this fall!
There’s no better way to get into the fall spirit than baking! I love cozying up indoors on a cool, rainy day and filling the air with the scent of pumpkin spice. This recipe captures the essence of fall. Each sweet bite is filled with the perfect pumpkin flavor and a hint of spice.
Easy pumpkin muffins are great for breakfast at home or entertaining! Bring them to brunch, a tailgate, hayride, Thanksgiving and more! They make a great snack after a day at the pumpkin patch.
Pumpkin Muffin Ingredients
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda – Perfectly fluffy muffins every time!
- Pumpkin Purée – You can used canned or fresh pumpkin puree for this recipe.
How to Make Easy Pumpkin Muffins
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Add eggs, pumpkin, sugars and oil.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 3 minutes.
- Dip in butter, followed by sugar and spice mixture.
- Serve (preferably warm).
Can I Use Fresh Pumpkin in This Recipe?
Yes! This muffin recipe is made with canned pumpkin puree, but you can make your own pumpkin puree. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F, cut a pumpkin in half, remove seeds and pulp, bake an hour or until tender. Remove pumpkin from shell and puree. Remove any “strings”. You can get a full recipe for pumpkin purée here.
- If you don’t have a mini muffin tin, you can use a regular one, but the muffins will take slightly more time to bake.
- Check that your spices aren’t stale for maximum flavor.
- Bake the muffins in a pre heated oven for the best results.
- To see how easy this Pumpkin Spice Muffin Recipe is, watch the video below.
How to Store Muffins
While best served warm, this Pumpkin Muffin Recipe can be made in advance. Just store in an airtight container, up to 3 days at room temperature or frozen up to 3 months. Warm them at 350 degrees in the oven or in the microwave, then dip in butter and sugar and spice mixture just before serving.
Sure, you could make these in a standard muffin pan, but making them in a mini muffin pan gives them the perfect sugar and spice to muffin ratio.
Pumpkin Muffin Recipe
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ½ cup butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease mini muffin tin.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
- Add eggs, pumpkin puree, sugars, and oil. Mix until just combined.
- Bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool 3 minutes.
- Combine sugar and spices in a bowl suitable for dipping.
- Dip muffins in butter, followed by sugar and spice mixture.