Yes, these delightful, light & fluffy sweet orange rolls are made start to finish in less than an hour. The best part? 50 minutes of that you’re just patiently waiting while they rise to the occasion! I adapted my cinnamon roll recipe & I’m not sure which one you’re going to love more. Do we have to choose? I didn’t think so! This easy orange rolls recipe is great for brunch – it will have everyone talking!
Orange rolls are so beautiful, even before they go in the oven!
As if these orange rolls aren’t heavenly enough already, I cover them in a vanilla orange glaze that is to-die-for!
1 Hour Easy Orange Rolls Recipe
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add milk & butter. Stir until melted & remove from heat.
- In a mixing bowl, combine 2¼ c flour, ¼ c sugar, salt. Add yeast & lukewarm milk mixture. Combine. Add egg.
- Using the dough hook attachment on your mixer, knead while gradually adding in up to 1 c flour until the dough forms a ball & pulls aways from the edges of the bowl. You can also knead by hand.
- Let dough rest for 10 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- On a floured surface, roll out dough into a rectangle. Spread melted butter on top. Paint butter on top with a pastry brush & sprinkle with sugar & orange zest. Using a knife or pizza cutter, cut 10 strips. Roll & place in a baking dish or cast iron skillet.
- Turn oven off. Cover rolls with a damp towel & allow to rise 25 minutes. Remove from oven, preheat again to 350 degrees. Cover rolls in ¼ c heavy cream. Bake 15 minutes, or until slightly golden.
- Top with icing & serve.
These babies are good to the last bite – which I may have taken…they’re so moist!
PIN to save it for later:
If you make this recipe, take a quick photo & tag me on Instagram! I’d love to hear your thoughts, too!