A recipe for incredibly delicious, thick, light and fluffy Orange Rolls! These easy sweet orange rolls covered in cream (to make them extra moist) are topped with an orange glaze for a truly memorable treat!
Yes, these delightful, light and fluffy sweet orange rolls with orange glaze are made start to finish in less than an hour. The best part? 50 minutes of that you’re just patiently waiting while they rise to the occasion!
I adapted my better than the bakery cinnamon roll recipe and to be honest, I’m not sure which one you’re going to love more. Do we have to choose? I don’t think so!
Orange Rolls are so beautiful, even before they go in the oven! I love the sparkling sugar crystals zest pouring out of the rolls. They taste even better than they look!
Orange Rolls are made with milk, butter, flour, sugar, salt, active quick rise yeast, egg, and orange zest. The secret ingredient (and step) that make these Orange Rolls stand above the rest is heavy cream! Covering them with heavy cream makes these thick, fluffy rolls so moist!
I top them with an Orange Glaze made with orange juice (you can substitute juice of an orange or lemon juice), powdered sugar and vanilla. It seeps into the rolls for the best flavor and prettiest drizzle!
As if these orange rolls aren’t heavenly enough already, I cover them in a vanilla orange glaze that is to-die-for!
These babies (also known as orange buns) are good to the last bite (which you can always count on me eating) – they’re so moist!
PIN to save this easy Orange Rolls recipe for later:
If you make these Orange Rolls, please take a moment to comment and use my 5-star rating below!
If you love this recipe, try my Easy Bread Pudding Recipe
1 Hour Easy Orange Rolls Recipe
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 1/4 cups flour + up to 1 c additional
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 yeast package active quick rise
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoon butter melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoon orange zest zest of 1 large orange
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoon orange or lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add milk & butter. Stir until melted & remove from heat.
- In a mixing bowl, combine 2 1/4 c flour, 1/4 c sugar, salt. Add yeast & lukewarm milk mixture. Combine. Add egg.
- Using the dough hook attachment on your mixer, knead while gradually adding in up to 1 c flour until the dough forms a ball & pulls aways from the edges of the bowl. You can also knead by hand.
- Let dough rest for 10 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- On a floured surface, roll out dough into a rectangle. Spread melted butter on top. Paint butter on top with a pastry brush & sprinkle with sugar & orange zest. Using a knife or pizza cutter, cut 10 strips. Roll & place in a baking dish or cast iron skillet.
- Turn oven off. Cover rolls with a damp towel & allow to rise 25 minutes. Remove from oven, preheat again to 350 degrees. Cover rolls in 1/4 c heavy cream. Bake 15 minutes, or until slightly golden.
- Top with icing & serve.
- Butter your baking dish before adding the rolls to it, so that once baked they are easy to remove and won’t stick.
- You can bake these rolls ahead of time and keep them covered in the fridge. Gently reheat them in the oven and spread over the frosting before serving.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container and kept in the fridge for 3 days. They can be eaten cold or warm them in the oven or microwave.
- It's best to use fresh orange juice when you make the glaze fro a really fresh and tangy flavor.
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
SIGN UP TO RECEIVE EACH NEW RECIPE TO YOUR INBOX:
This recipe was originally posted March 2015.