Incredibly moist Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins loaded with sweet chocolate chips and amazing fall flavor. They make a delicious breakfast or snack on the run.
This time of year, it’s all about pumpkin everything. We can’t seem to get enough of that incredible fall flavor.
This is a simple twist on my melt in your mouth Pumpkin Muffin Recipe! Chocolate and pumpkin goes together like PB and J. The sweet chocolate balances savory pumpkin into a delightful muffin the whole family will love!
These are hands down THE BEST pumpkin chocolate chip muffins out there! They’re soft, moist, light and fluffy with a tender crumb you can’t resist.
Each bite is loaded with chocolate and pumpkin flavor. I like to make them into mini muffins because they’re perfectly poppable, but you can also make them into full size muffins by increasing the baking time.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins take just about 10 minutes hands on time.
One of the things that make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins so incredible is that they’re incredibly moist thanks to the pumpkin. You’ll never get a dry muffin! The girls devour them in less than 24 hours between breakfast and snacks, but they keep well thanks to their moisture content.
Ingredients in Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Flour, baking powder and baking soda – perfectly fluffy muffins every time!
- Spices – cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg – This combination of spices sings fall and adds so much flavor to these muffins!
- Eggs – Large eggs.
- Pumpkin Puree – You can used canned or fresh pumpkin puree for this recipe.
- Chocolate Chips – Milk Chocolate, Semi-Sweet or Dark Chocolate, the choice is yours!
- Sugar and Spice Mixture
- Cinnamon chips
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Cream Cheese Glaze or Basic Glaze
How to Make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Add eggs, pumpkin, sugars and oil.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 3 minutes.
Optional Topping: dip in butter, followed by sugar and spice mixture.Because why not? Cinnamon spice and everything nice that’s what pumpkin spice muffins are made of. A blend of cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg will warm your soul this fall! To make the topping, simply use 1/2 c butter melted in a shallow bowl, combine the below ingredients in another shallow bowl and dip in butter followed by spice mixture.
Tips to Make Pumpkin Muffins with Chocolate Chips
- Don’t overfill your muffin tins. Smaller muffins tend to bake better and offer the best sugar to muffin ratio. Fill with muffin batter to 2/3 to compensate for rise.
- Don’t over bake your mini muffins. This will keep them melt-in-your-mouth tender!
- Serve warm.
- Pumpkin muffins with chocolate chips are best served warm, right out of the oven after being dipped in the sugar and spice mixture. However, you can still enjoy them a day or two later. Store the cinnamon sugar muffins (that haven’t been dipped in butter, sugar and spices) in an airtight container for up to 3 days. To serve, warm the muffins and dip it butter followed by mixture.
- To freeze, wrap muffins in saran wrap and place them in a freezer bag to store up to 3 months. They make a great snack or the perfect breakfast on the go.
- to thaw, bring to room temperature (about 3-4 hours)
- to warm, preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake 3 minutes
Frequently Asked Questions About Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
Can I use fresh pumpkin instead of canned? Of course! To use fresh pumpkin puree, drain the liquid out first using a paper towel. Fresh pumpkin holds more water than canned pumpkin and produces really moist cupcakes.
Can I freeze pumpkin chocolate chip muffins? I haven’t frozen the dough myself, but others have and said the cookies turned out great! The frozen dough takes a little longer to bake, so I’d add on 3-5 more minutes when baking. You can also freeze the cookies once baked. Just store in an airtight container in the freezer.
More Muffin Recipes You’ll Love
- Blueberry Muffin Recipe
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Muffins
- Brown Butter Muffin Recipe
- Carrot Cake Muffins
- Apple Cobbler Muffins
- Cinnamon Muffins
- Moist Banana Muffins (Caramel And Banana Muffin Recipe)
Are you in love with all things pumpkin? Be sure to check out my incredible pumpkin baking guide with all the tips, tricks and recipes you’ll need for your fall pumpkin baking.
If you try this pumpkin chocolate chip muffin recipe, please come back to share using my 5 star rating in the comments below! Not only do I appreciate it, but I know readers do, too!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease or line mini muffin tin.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
- Add eggs, pumpkin puree, sugars, and oil. Mix until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Bake 16-22 minutes until a toothpick comes clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool 3 minutes.