A fall infused Apple Butter Icing perfect for all of your baked goods!
I’m going to make this short and sweet – just like this apple butter icing recipe. Really, this should be used to top everything in life, but I made it to top my Apple Butter Cookies. It’s made from scratch in less than 5 minutes.
Seriously, I’ve been thinking about using this apple butter icing recipe as a dip, coating bread with it, and of course, cake. I’m not sure what that says about me, but I love how the apple butter balances this sweet frosting and adds a subtle fall flavor.
This is not the time nor place to talk about how much butter and sugar I use in my frostings, but I promise you, it’s worth it. If you really feel guilty about it, just try to take a few less tastes along the way. I dare you. I have yet to find success.
Why You’ll Love It
- Adds fall flavor to even the most classic recipes!
- Incredibly easy way to elevate all of fall baked goods!
- It takes less than 5 minutes to make!
- Butter – Salted or unsalted softened butter, your preference.
- Powdered Sugar – Also known as confectioner’s sugar, this sweetens to perfection while maintaining a smooth consistency.
- Apple Butter – A rich, flavorful apple butter is the star of the show!
- Apple Cider – Thins the frosting while adding a little fall flavor. You can use apple juice in a pinch.
- Make it into a Glaze – Simply thin with apple cider until it reaches desired consistency or simply use my Apple Glaze recipe.
How to Make Apple Butter Icing
- Combine – Combine butter, apple butter, apple cider and powdered sugar until smooth.
Use apple cider in my apple butter icing recipe if possible, but if you don’t plan on drinking the remaining apple cider, you can substitute it with milk.
How To Store
- Refrigerated – Store in an airtight container up to 1 week.
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
Hungry for more easy recipes? Sign up for my free recipe club and have amazing recipes delivered directly to your inbox each week!
More Amazing Frosting Recipes
- 1 cup butter softened
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup apple butter
- 2 tablespoons apple cider
- In a medium mixing bowl or stand mixer, whip butter, apple butter and apple cider until smooth.
- Gradually add powdered sugar until smooth and just combined.
- Apple Cider – You can substitute with milk or apple juice.
- Refrigerated – In an airtight container up to 1 week.
Estimated nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed.